Likewise earlier years, Worldwide Yoga Day 2022 might be celebrated on twenty first June. That is the eighth Worldwide Day of Yoga after 2014. In 2014, United Nations Normal Meeting declared 21 June as Yoga Day.
Worldwide Day of Yoga Brand
On twenty ninth April 2015, India’s Exterior Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj and Union Minister of State for AYUSH, Shripad Yesso Naik launched the brand for IDY.
There was an 18 member staff of New Delhi based mostly ‘Panchtatva promoting’ behind the creation of the brand. To extend the participation of individuals on this course of, concepts additionally accepted from the totally different niches of societies and folks.
Lastly, Prime minister Modi authorised the brand chosen from AYUSH division for the IDY. This brand represents all of the necessities which unfold the actual that means of yoga, i.e., Union of Particular person Consciousness with Common Consciousness.
Shade patterning and symbolism of the brand outline the very core essence of historical yogic information. Perceive it on this method.
- White Background of Brand – White represents the common consciousness. The emblem is inscribed itself on the white background. It means no matter we’re doing in yoga, unites us with the Common Consciousness.
- Becoming a member of Arms – Human artwork having joined palms represents a state of concord between the thoughts, physique & soul.
- 2 Pairs of Leaves – Brown leaves characterize – Earth whereas Inexperienced – Nature. It means yoga helps us to be grounded.
- Human Artwork & Orange Halo – As human artwork stuffed with blue coloration, it represents how our physique made up of extreme water (blue coloration). The orange shade of halo represents fireplace components. As fireplace is the supply of final power, it has given the primary place in brand.
- Globe Behind Human Artwork – It symbolizes oneness and unity amongst all of the individuals across the globe.
- Phrases in Brand – it represents the actual goal of yoga, i.e., why yoga masters unfold it within the west “yoga for concord and peace.”
Worldwide Yoga Day 2022 Theme
Yoga Day 2022 theme is “Yoga for Humanity”, prime minister Modi introduced on his radio programme Mann Ki Baat on thirtieth Might.
The Union Ministry of Ayush set Yoga Day 2022 theme “Yoga for Humanity” specializing in how Yoga has served humanity all around the world mitigating struggling throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic. Certainly, it made everybody realise the significance of yoga throughout and post-Covid instances to carry individuals collectively and promote a way of unity throughout the globe.
The primary occasion of Worldwide yoga day 2022 will happen in Mysuru, Karnataka, on June 21, 2022. Likewise earlier years, enthusiastic yogis and yoga gurus have already began planning to hitch the primary occasion for various yoga actions.
The Union Ministry of Ayush, in collaboration with its many contributors, has devised a 100-day countdown plan for the eighth Worldwide Day of Yoga, by which 100 organizations promote yoga in 100 places/cities.
Specializing in the theme of serving humanity, the ministry has designed programmes for the specially-abled inhabitants, transgenders, ladies and kids. By means of the 2022 yoga day occasion, the ministry is particularly anticipating village inhabitants to participate as native service centres are selling consciousness about yoga.
As a result of the eighth Worldwide Day of Yoga falls inside the “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav” yr, the ministry has beneficial that IDY 2022 be commemorated at 75 well-known places across the nation.
This yr’s Guardian Ring occasion will happen on June twenty first. It will likely be a marathon Yoga streaming occasion, with the preliminary proposal beginning at 6 a.m. native time in Japan and capturing the digital feed of actions organized by Indian Missions around the globe.
Historical past of Worldwide Yoga Day
Worldwide day of yoga (IDY) can be generally often known as Yoga Day. From 2014 onwards, yearly IDY is well known on the twenty first June.
The proposal for IDY was made by the present prime minister of India, Mr Narendra Modi. On September twenty seventh, 2014, He proposed the thought of celebrating twenty first June as yoga day in entrance of the United Nation Normal Meeting (UNGA).
Within the phrases of Mr Modi at UNGA,
Yoga will not be merely a bodily train but in addition helps us to find the sense of oneness with ourself. Let we should always work in the direction of adopting a day on the title of Yogic follow i.e., Worldwide day of Yoga.
Certainly, Yoga is a primordial practise that mentally, bodily, and spiritually offers power within the type of calmness, braveness, peace, and enthusiasm to the individuals. This power individuals can make the most of in doing their actions extra vibrantly.
Declaration of twenty first June as IDY
After the proposal made by the Indian Prime minister Mr Narendra Modi at UNGA, the declaration befell on December 11, 2014. The announcement of the IDY had an immense affect on the historical past of India.
Even within the historical past of UNGA decision, not any single draft earlier than adopted with this a lot help. 100 seventy-seven nations supported the thought of celebrating twenty first June as a global day of yoga. It was the utmost help ever any decision has acquired earlier than and subsequently, unanimously United nations normal meeting declared twenty first June as ‘Worldwide Day of Yoga.’
The Worldwide day of yoga day goals to boost consciousness globally relating to the advantages of the pre-Vedic follow of historical India. Yoga contains aware respiratory(Pranayama), meditation, and bodily workouts like Asanas.
Why twenty first June is well known as Worldwide Yoga Day?
Prime minister Modi additional gave the explanation behind proposing twenty first June as Worldwide Yoga Day. He stated,
twenty first of June is the longest day within the northern hemisphere (shortest within the southern hemisphere). Additionally, In yogic perspective, second full moon after twenty first June was the day when Shiva (First Yogi) begun profounding Information of Yoga to mankind.
twenty first June is often known as the June solstice. The June solstice is the summer time solstice within the northern hemisphere and the winter solstice within the southern hemisphere. Scientifically, the solar reaches its highest level throughout its path this present day, and subsequently, the earth’s axis is extra inclined in the direction of the solar. It makes this present day longer than a typical day. Therefore, From the angle of yoga, this time is healthier for meditation additionally.
Worldwide Yoga Day 2021
The Worldwide Yoga Day 2021 was organized just about owing to the COVID-19. The Union Ministry of AYUSH hosted the occasion, which started at 6:30 a.m with an handle by PM Narendra Modi.
The yr 2021 theme of Yoga Day was “Yoga for wellness”.
The Ministry of AYUSH launched numerous packages to extend participation within the seventh Worldwide Day of Yoga (IDY 2021) similar to:
- Yoga Coaching: Frequent Yoga Protocol (CYP) and Yoga Volunteer Coaching (YVT) Course – To develop and disseminate information and follow of Yoga among the many individuals organized in collaboration with Morarji Desai Nationwide Institute of Yoga. It was broadcast stay in English and Hindi on the MoA and MDNIY Fb pages.
- Prime Minister’s Yoga Awards (PMYA) – Award for excellent contribution in the direction of the promotion and growth of Yoga.
- “Yoga & Me” Images Contest – Submit a photograph of themselves doing their favourite Yogasanas (yoga postures) together with a short description.
- IDY Jingle Contest – Contributors should submit a 25-30 second screenplay and jingle in any official language listed within the Indian structure, English, and different UN languages. It needs to be easy to grasp and join with the final inhabitants. The winner will obtain a money award of INR 25,000.
- IDY Dialogue – Inviting options for a way individuals may take part in IDY 2021 at residence with family and friends whereas additionally mobilizing the bigger group.
- IDY Quiz Contest – Entry the quiz than by way of the MyGov platform from Might 1, 2021, by way of July 31, 2021. Inside 450 seconds, contributors might be anticipated to reply 10 questions. Every participant will obtain an e-certificate indicating their participation and completion upon profitable completion.
- IDY Pledge – Take the Yoga Pledge to make Yoga a daily a part of their lives.
- Yoga Survey/Ballot – Residents’ perceptions of Yoga and the extent of IDY consciousness and observance amongst residents had been the themes of a survey.
Worldwide Yoga Day 2020
This yr’s sixth Worldwide yoga day might be celebrated on twenty first June.
This yr Coronavirus has affected all of us indirectly, and our yoga studios shifted to residence on smartphones and TVs. Amidst social distancing measures, yoga day might be celebrated this yr within the residence itself. United Nations has determined the theme of 2020 Worldwide yoga day “Yoga for Well being – Yoga at House”.
Throughout this difficult time of COVID-19 pandemic, research have proven how the variety of individuals affected by despair, anxiousness, and concern has risen. Yoga helps peoples throughout the globe to remain match and wholesome at residence.
On encouraging this theme, the World Well being Group has said in its “World motion plan on bodily exercise 2018–2030: extra lively individuals for a more healthy world yoga as a way to enhance well being.
How Worldwide Yoga Day 2020 Will likely be Celebrated?
Yearly individuals all internationally are inspired to comply with the ‘Frequent Yoga Protocol (CYP)’ program designed by the Ministry of Ayush, India. This program contains easy yoga practices that may be accomplished by any age group individuals to enhance their bodily, psychological, emotional, and non secular well being.
Right here is the final yr’s frequent yoga protocol:
This yr United Nations has began a digital occasion to have fun yoga day with peoples across the globe.
Worldwide Day of Yoga 2019
The fifth annual IDY celebrated on Friday twenty first June 2019.
The theme of Worldwide Day of Yoga 2019 – Within the yr 2019, the United Nation has determined, yoga will have fun on the Theme of ‘Local weather Motion.’ The change in local weather is affecting all individuals across the globe, and having understanding the core that means of yoga can forestall local weather change.
The best way practising asanas brings equanimity between physique and thoughts. In the identical method, the general follow of yoga creates a harmonic connection between our physique and nature. Reckless human actions are inflicting hurt and destruction to the planet, which causes modifications within the local weather.
Due to this fact the UN has determined to unfold consciousness relating to local weather change by practising yoga. It solely connects our physique with nature therein scary environmental pleasant actions.
Planning for IDY 2019
Governments around the globe are planning to prepare a big gathering for individuals to follow yoga. To help the theme of 2019 yoga day, Division of AYUSH (India) has deliberate to prepare yoga gathering on the lap of nature.
The Venue of IDY 2019
In India, IDY 2019 might be celebrated at Prabhat Tara, Ranchi, Jharkhand on twenty first June . PM Modi will lead this occasion and 30,000 yoga fans anticipated in the primary mass yoga demonstration occasion. On thirteenth June at Ranchi, in presence of a number of State Dignitaries, there might be Curtain raiser occasion to the primary occasion.
Other than Jharkhand, Patanjali Yogapeeth had reported organizing some vital occasions across the totally different states of India. These occasions for IDY 2019 might be held in some large states of India, particularly Maharashtra and Haryana.
Additionally, within the Islands of Lakshadweep, there might be a mass demonstration of yoga at Kavaratti.
Actions on Yoga Day 2019
Preparation for yoga day 2019 has begun with the announcement of sure superior actions which the Indian Authorities has organized. It consists of a 5-day Trainers Coaching Programme on Frequent Yoga Protocol (CYP). This program is to organize contributors for the IDY occasion.
The occasion actions on twenty first June 2019 would cycle rally for youth, seminars, workshops, musical chair and cultural packages on Yoga. To publish this occasion with a broad viewers, banners, posters will publicly be added to the ambiance. The mass yoga demonstrations will start at 7 a.m. on twenty first June as per the Frequent Yoga Protocol (CYP) and can finish in a single hour.
Worldwide Day of Yoga 2018
The fourth Worldwide yoga day celebrated on the twenty first of June 2018.
1. Highlights – This time once more prime minister Modi celebrated this occasion with 50,000 volunteers. Additionally, in Kota Rajasthan, 100,000 yoga practitioners gathered in a yoga session and established the Guinness World File [efn_note] Lakshadweep Waking as much as IDY-2019 [source][/efn_note] of a metropolis.
2. Location – PM Modi celebrated Worldwide day of yoga 2018 at ‘forest analysis institute’ in Dehradun.
3. Theme – “Yoga for Peace”
Worldwide Day of Yoga 2017
The third Worldwide yoga day celebrated on twenty first June 2017.
1. Highlights – While creating extra new data for Indian historical past, Folks from 150 nations participated on this occasion. The whole variety of contributors gathered at Lucknow to follow yoga was 51,000. Additionally, 10,000 individuals had accomplished group yoga within the metropolis of Wuxi (China).
2. Location – The occasion befell in numerous cities around the globe. In India, the celebration held in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. In China, Folks gathered in a metropolis referred to as Wuxi.
3. Theme – Theme of worldwide yoga day 2015 was “Yoga for well being.”
Worldwide Day of Yoga 2016
2nd Worldwide yoga day additionally celebrated with the identical enthusiasm all around the globe.
1. Highlights – PM Modi gathered in a mass yoga demonstration of 30,000 individuals together with 100 differently-abled (Divyangs) youngsters.
2. Location – Worldwide yoga day 2016 celebrated on the Capitol Complicated in Chandigarh.
3. Theme – Theme of worldwide yoga day 2015 was “Connect the Youth.”
Worldwide Day of Yoga 2015
The primary Worldwide yoga day celebrated on the twenty first of June 2015 in numerous nations. Folks gathered in giant numbers on some parks and monuments and practiced yoga in a bunch.
Listed below are some temporary factors which cowl the details about IDY 2015.
1. Highlights – On this occasion, together with Priminister Modi, 35,985 individuals practiced 21 asanas for 35 minutes altogether at one place.
This occasion had established two Guinness World Data.
- the most important yoga class
- most important variety of nationalist participated from the 84 nations of the world
United nations additionally celebrated the IDY. UN secretary Ban Ki-moon additionally mediated and practiced some asanas beneath the directions of non secular chief Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.
2. Location – Worldwide yoga day 2015 celebrated at Rajpath in New Delhi.
3. Theme – Theme of IDY 2015 was “Yoga for Concord and Peace.”
IDY is well known broadly and supported by international leaders. Thus the occasion is well known in additional than 170 nations together with Canada, USA, China, and many others.
It’s celebrated on a worldwide degree by organizing numerous actions like yoga camps, competitions, workshops, coaching fields, and lots of extra to supply consciousness among the many frequent public concerning the significance of yoga.
This occasion is well known with such enthusiasm to make individuals conscious that common follow of yoga results in psychological, bodily, and mental well being. It helps to refine the approach to life with constructive modifications.