Are you prepared for one more superb Bold Kitchen muffin recipe? I simply can’t cease.
These wholesome blueberry zucchini muffins have been initially revealed again in 2015 and I nonetheless can’t recover from how a lot I like them. To be sincere, I fully forgot they have been on the positioning till I seen a number of of you making them and leaving feedback about how a lot you adored the recipe.
Since then, I’ve shared these a few instances as a result of they’re simply SO DANG GOOD.
As you in all probability know by now, I really like baking with zucchini (take a look at all my zucchini recipes!) Sometimes the zucchini supplies sufficient moisture to chop most extra fats in half and add additional fiber and diet. ME LIKEY. Once I first made these years in the past I made Tony strive one earlier than he left for work at some point. He referred to as me 5 minutes later to inform me how scrumptious they have been (even with the zucchini!) so you understand these are a must-make.
FREE Zucchini Recipe E-Ebook
Enroll under and get a FREE downloadable, printable e-book with my finest zucchini recipes (candy and savory!)
Elements in blueberry zucchini muffins
These wholesome blueberry zucchini muffins are pure gold amongst muffins. They’re completely moist, naturally sweetened, and naturally, pack sneaky veggies! Right here’s what you’ll must make them:
- Flour: the bottom of those muffins is made with complete wheat pastry flour. You should utilize white complete wheat flour as properly!
- Zucchini: shredded zucchini provides moisture to those superb muffins and a sneaky veggie! Be certain to squeeze it of extra moisture earlier than you add it to the batter.
- Sweetener: we’re naturally sweetening these muffins with pure maple syrup. You’ll additionally add cinnamon, vanilla extract and almond extract for the proper taste increase.
- Baking staples: you’ll want baking soda and salt to assist them bake up correctly.
- For moisture: we’re additionally including a little bit olive oil, applesauce and almond milk in order that the muffins are completely moist.
- Egg: you’ll want 1 egg to carry these infants collectively.
- Blueberries: for bursts of blueberry taste in each chew!
Really helpful ingredient swaps
As at all times, I like to recommend sticking with the recipe one of the best which you can in order that it seems completely each time. Right here’s what I can counsel attempting for these muffins:
- To make vegan: be at liberty to strive swapping the common egg for a flax egg — discover ways to make one right here! I haven’t examined this, so let me know should you do.
- To make gluten free: I’d counsel attempting out an all function gluten free flour, chickpea flour or oat flour to make gluten free blueberry zucchini muffins. Learn to make oat flour right here. I haven’t tried it, however please report again should you do.
- For the applesauce: I believe 1 mashed ripe banana would additionally work rather than the applesauce. Alternatively, you could possibly use my do-it-yourself apple butter!
Customise your blueberry zucchini muffins
Have enjoyable including your fav mix-ins and toppings! I counsel:
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Orange or lemon zest for a citrus twist
- Poppy seeds for crunch
- A yummy lemon glaze like on this recipe
- A drizzle of do-it-yourself nut butter on high
Utilizing frozen blueberries?
I like to recommend thawing the blueberries and draining off the surplus liquid in order that they don’t add additional liquid to your batter. You possibly can then toss them in a little bit little bit of flour earlier than including them to the batter in order that they don’t dye your muffins blue!
How one can make blueberry zucchini muffins
- Prep your pan. Preheat your oven to 350 levels F, line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin liners, and spray the insides of the liners. This ensures that the muffins won’t follow the liners or the pan.
- Combine the dry elements. In a big bowl mix the dry elements: flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; put aside.
- Make the batter. In a separate medium bowl, combine all the moist elements collectively till properly mixed. Add the dry elements to moist elements and blend till simply mixed. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide & bake. Evenly distribute batter amongst muffin tins, filling about 3/4 of the way in which full, and bake them up. Allow them to cool on a wire rack, after which get pleasure from!
Don’t neglect the following pointers when baking with zucchini
- Use the small aspect of your grater so that you just get little shreds of zucchini. Nobody will be capable to inform there’s a veggie of their brownies!
- Squeeze out your zucchini shreds as a lot as potential to get all the extra liquid out.
- Measure the shreds earlier than you squeeze the moisture out.
- Be happy to shred a bunch of zucchini and freeze it for later! Comply with my suggestions and tips right here.
Freezer-friendly blueberry zucchini muffins
Sure, these wholesome blueberry zucchini muffins are freezer-friendly! Merely wrap muffins individually in freezer-safe baggage or retailer them in a big freezer bag. Once you’re able to get pleasure from them, reheat for 30-45 seconds within the microwave or just thaw them at room temperature.
Extra zucchini baked items to strive
I hope you’re keen on these wholesome blueberry zucchini muffins! When you make them I’d love so that you can go away a remark and score letting me know the way you preferred them. Get pleasure from xo!
Good Morning Wholesome Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
Wholesome blueberry zucchini muffins made additional moist due to zucchini and applesauce! These straightforward blueberry zucchini muffins are naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup as an alternative of sugar. Nice for snacking & freezer-friendly, too!
white complete wheat flour or complete wheat pastry flour
shredded zucchini, squeezed of extra moisture with a paper towel
pure maple syrup (or honey)
olive oil (or sub melted butter)
unsweetened applesauce (or apple butter)
unsweetened almond milk (any milk will work)
contemporary or frozen blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with muffin liners. Both method I like to recommend utilizing nonstick cooking spray. This ensures that they muffins won’t follow the liners or the pan.
In a big bowl mix the dry elements: flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; put aside.
In a separate medium bowl, add the next moist elements: shredded zucchini, pure maple syrup, vanilla and almond extract, olive oil, applesauce, egg and milk; combine till properly mixed. Add dry elements to moist elements and blend till simply mixed. Gently fold in blueberries.
Even distribute batter amongst muffin tins, filling about 3/4 of the way in which full. Bake for 22-Half-hour or till toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clear. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes then take away muffins and switch to wire rack to complete cooling. Makes 12 muffins.
See the complete submit for suggestions, tips & freezing directions.
To make vegan: Use a flax egg as an alternative of an everyday egg.
To make gluten free: I like to recommend subbing all function gluten free flour, chickpea flour or oat flour. Please word that I have not examined them with a gluten free sub, so cannot be sure they are going to work.
Out of applesauce? I believe 1 mashed banana would work properly.
Servings: 12 muffins
Serving measurement: 1 muffin
Recipe initially revealed August 2015, republished April 2020, republished August 2022, and republished with new pictures April sixth, 2023.