This can be a easy and scrumptious arugula salad recipe. It’s made with arugula, dried fruit, veggies, and fruit. It’s the excellent facet dish to any meal!
This arugula salad is a good way to get your every day dose of vegetables and fruit. It’s also a superb supply of protein and wholesome fat. The balsamic French dressing provides a contact of sweetness and acidity that balances out the bitterness of the arugula. This salad is ideal for a lightweight lunch or dinner.
Arugula is a peppery, leafy inexperienced that’s usually utilized in salads. It has a barely bitter style that may be balanced out with candy fruits, salty nuts, and creamy cheese. This arugula salad recipe is a good way to benefit from the taste of arugula with out the bitterness.
Why cook dinner with arugula?
- Arugula has essentially the most wonderful spicy taste! In contrast to different greens, you don’t want so as to add a ton of dressing or taste to those greens as a result of they provide a lot taste.
- Arugula is filled with calcium, potassium, and nutritional vitamins!
- Rising arugula in your personal private backyard is very easy! It’s straightforward to develop and when you trim it, it simply grows again again and again. So you will have arugula all summer season lengthy!
- Arugula isn’t simply nice in salads, however you may make pesto, add it to omelets, and even toss it in pastas!
What You Want for this Arugula Salad Recipe
That is an arugula salad, individuals. Use arugula! Nevertheless, if you happen to don’t have arugula and need to make a scrumptious salad, massaged kale, or spring greens with some micro-greens are all good choices!
Nuts + Seeds
Crunch is so essential in a salad! Nuts and seeds provide just a little texture to any salad, making them extra enjoyable to eat! Not solely do nuts and seeds add texture however they’re nutrient-dense, including extra fiber, protein, omega-3s, and extra!
We use pine nuts on this arugula salad, however be happy so as to add any of the nuts or seeds under instead!
- Slivered almonds
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
Relating to arugula salads, just a little little bit of cheese is a should! Cheese provides a creamy, tart, and even a nutty taste to all salads! We used goat cheese on this salad, however be happy to make use of any of the cheese choices under.
- Crumbled Feta
- Shaved parmesan cheese
- Cheddar cheese lower into small cubes
Dried + Recent Fruit
Dried fruit and contemporary fruit are nice additions to arugula salads! They provide every chew just a little sweetness to stability out the salty and earthy flavors that include any salad!
We used contemporary blueberries and dried cherries on this salad, however it’s enjoyable to change up the fruit on this salad based mostly on this season!
- Dried cherries
- Dried apricot
Although the bottom of this salad is a vegetable (arugula) I believe it’s key so as to add extra veggies to each salad!
Particularly greens you can lower into bite-sized items. I actually imagine that ensuring you get virtually each ingredient in each chew makes a salad that a lot better!
We added minced pink garlic and halved cherry tomatoes to this salad.
straightforward arugula salad dressing
The attractive factor about making salads at house is YOU get to decide on what you need to put in it! The dressing is a good way to make any salad your personal!
We used our go-to balsamic French dressing for this arugula salad, but when it’s not your factor, any of our dressing recipes will do the trick! Under are three different dressings that we’d use on this salad!
High Suggestions for the Finest Arugula Salad
- Use contemporary arugula. Arugula is finest when it’s contemporary. Search for arugula that’s darkish inexperienced and has a peppery aroma.
- Don’t overdress the salad. Arugula is a fragile inexperienced and might simply develop into wilted whether it is overdressed. Use a lightweight hand with the dressing and add extra if wanted.
- Add your favourite toppings. This arugula salad is a good clean canvas. Add your favourite fruits, nuts, and cheese to create a salad that’s excellent on your style.
A traditional arugula salad is made up of arugula, freshly shaved parmesan, a easy lemon French dressing, and (generally) toasted pine nuts! In case you are feeling a easy salad, you may’t go incorrect with a traditional arugula salad.
Since arugula does have a little bit of a spicier taste, we advocate pairing arugula with sweeter elements like dried fruit and brilliant and light-weight salad dressings!
What are you able to do with arugula in addition to salad?
There are such a lot of issues you are able to do with arugula! Listed below are a few of our favourite methods to eat arugula if we don’t have it in a salad.
- Toss arugula in pasta: Arugula provides nice taste to any pasta! We wish to make pasta after which we fold contemporary arugula into the pasta proper on the finish. It’s wonderful! Try this creamy asparagus pasta or this yummy BLT pasta. Each recipes incorporate arugula!
- Add arugula to your breakfast: We add arugula to an egg scramble or an omelette on a regular basis! You too can make this scrumptious arugula breakfast sandwich. It’s a go-to breakfast on FFF!
- Make arugula pesto or tabouli: Some individuals solely use arugula as they might every other contemporary herb due to it’s peppery taste. This makes it a great ingredient so as to add to pesto or tabouli! We made a scrumptious arugula pesto on this Mediterranean salmon recipe and added arugula to this quinoa tabouli!
The Finest Arugula Salad Recipe
This arugula recipe is an ideal stability of peppery arugula, contemporary blueberries, tangy goat cheese, and candy cherry tomatoes, all wearing a easy and flavorful balsamic French dressing.
Prepare dinner:5 minutes
- 3 tablespoons balsamic French dressing*
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2.5 ounces arugula
- 1/2 medium pink onion diced
- 1/2 cup contemporary blueberries
- 12 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup goat cheese crumbles
Start by making ready this balsamic French dressing after which put aside. Choice to make use of no matter French dressing you will have readily available, however we love our home made balsamic.
Subsequent, in a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over medium warmth for 4-5 minutes or till golden brown. Watch out, pine nuts can flip from brown to burnt in a short time, so control them. Take away from warmth and put aside till cool.
Add arugula, pink onion, blueberries, tomatoes, cherries, goat cheese crumbles, and pine nuts into a big bowl and toss all the elements collectively.
Lastly, drizzle dressing onto the salad, one tablespoon at a time. Proceed so as to add one tablespoon of dressing till salad is dressed as desired.**
Suggestions & Notes
- When you make our whole home made balsamic French dressing, you’ll have leftover dressing! It would last as long as 7 days within the fridge!
- In case you are not serving immediately, chorus from dressing your salad till serving.
Energy: 173kcal Carbohydrates: 21g Protein: 4g Fats: 9g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 14g