Blueberry oatmeal is fast and terribly scrumptious! Impress everybody with this vibrant, berry-flavored breakfast recipe.
- 1 tablespoon salted butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup Previous Normal rolled oats (don’t use immediate oats or metal minimize oats)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup milk of alternative (2% or oat milk)
- 1 cup blueberries, recent or frozen*
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- For topping: maple syrup, recent blueberries, sliced almonds, milk
- Soften the butter or coconut oil in a saucepan over medium warmth. Add the oats and toast for about 2 to three minutes, stirring usually, till aromatic.
- Flip the warmth to low and punctiliously pour within the water, milk, blueberries, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, salt, and vanilla extract, stirring. Carry to a simmer and cook dinner for five to 7 minutes till thickened and the oats are tender, smashing the blueberries with the again of a big spoon as you stir. (Attempt to smash the vast majority of the berries to offer the oatmeal its purple shade.)
- Take away from the warmth. Prime with desired toppings and serve.
*Frozen blueberries can are inclined to bleed their shade, which isn’t fascinating for baked items. However because you do need purple blueberry oatmeal, it’s the right place to make use of frozen berries! You don’t want to thaw them earlier than utilizing: the warmth of the pan will defrost them shortly.
- Class: Breakfast
- Methodology: Stovetop
- Delicacies: Breakfast
- Eating regimen: Vegan
Key phrases: Blueberry oatmeal