Sink your enamel into this recent and juicy Spicy Hen Sandwich. Marvel at how straightforward it was to make, then high-five your self for choosing this selfmade delight over a (inferior) hen sandwich on the drive-through.
Hen breasts bathed in a spicy buttermilk marinade, coated in seasoned panko breadcrumbs, then baked to crispy perfection and nested in your favourite bun with a creamy sriracha sauce.
A Grilled Hen Sandwich is tasty, however if you’re craving crunch, your instincts could information you to quick meals chains on your favourite crispy hen sandwich.
Cease proper there!
I insist you give selfmade spicy hen sandwiches a go as an alternative.
Spicy Hen Sandwiches at House
Making your personal spicy hen sandwich is shockingly easy!
- No frying is required (yay for much less mess and no butter or vegetable oil).
- The breasts for these spicy hen sandwiches are baked.
- No a number of dredging steps or flour combination; simply marinate the hen then coat in panko.
The hen breasts are extremely juicy inside (no dry hen allowed!), whereas being crispy exterior.
Smothering our spicy hen is a straightforward sauce that’s a wholesome model of spicy mayo: a mixture of nonfat Greek yogurt and sriracha.
Methods to Make a Spicy Hen Sandwich
The important thing to this spicy hen sandwich is the baking setup.
By putting the hen on a wire cooling rack over a rimmed baking sheet, it’s in a position to crisp on all sides.
Tip for Tender Hen
For evenly baked, tender hen, pound it first. It will tenderize the meat in addition to make the breast a good thickness. For mess-free tenderizing, place the hen in a ziptop bag, after which pound.
- Buttermilk. Marinating the hen in seasoned buttermilk makes it oh-so tender and juicy.
- Spices. The marinade and breadcrumbs are merely however powerfully seasoned with salt, onion powder, and cayenne pepper. This taste is just-right spicy.
- Breadcrumbs. Use Panko over common plain breadcrumbs as their bigger texture makes for a crispier coating.
- Sriracha. To drive residence the “spicy” in spicy hen sandwich, it’s marinated with sriracha and served with a yogurt sriracha sauce. It provides the sandwich the proper chew.
- Greek Yogurt. Combined with the sriracha, nonfat Greek yogurt makes for a creamy, more healthy sauce.
- Buns. Serve your baked spicy hen in your favourite sort of hamburger bun; I feel brioche buns are divine.
- Pound the hen breasts to a good 1/4-inch thickness.
- Whisk collectively buttermilk, sriracha, salt, and onion powder.
- Marinate hen.
- Dredge hen in seasoned Panko combination.
- Set ready hen on an oven-safe wire rack on prime of a rimmed baking sheet, then mist the hen with nonstick spray.
- Bake the spicy hen at 425 levels F for 20 to 25 minutes till the hen reaches 165 levels F and has crispy edges.
- Make the sauce: mix the yogurt, sriracha, and salt in a small bowl. Serve spicy hen on toasted buns with the sauce and toppings. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Retailer leftover hen individually (fairly than assembled sandwiches) in an hermetic container within the fridge for 3 to 4 days. The sauce will final in an hermetic container within the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- To Reheat. Reheat spicy hen in an air fryer, toaster oven, or at 350 levels F within the oven so the hen re-crisps.
- To Freeze. The feel of thawed and re-warmed frozen spicy hen is not going to be as crispy, however you’ll be able to freeze the leftover hen for as much as 3 months in an hermetic, freezer protected container.
You’ll be excited to have any additional hen fillets after serving your sandwiches. Slice and serve your leftovers over a salad for lunch the subsequent day, or eat by itself for dinner alongside inexperienced beans and bread.
What to Serve with a Spicy Hen Sandwich
Scorching. Crispy. Tender. Juicy.
YES, this hen sandwich has it going ON.
Continuously Requested Questions
This sandwich can be equally nice with hen thighs or hen breasts. A bonus with utilizing hen thighs can be they may properly match on a bun resulting from their smaller measurement.
Should you don’t have buttermilk, in a pinch you can also make your personal by mixing 1 tablespoon of white vinegar with 1 cup milk.
To make a crispy, spicy hen sandwich gluten free, merely coat the hen in gluten-free breadcrumbs and serve it with out the bun or on a gluten-free bun.
My vote is additional sandwich-style sliced pickles and many the sauce! Lettuce would add a pleasant crunchy addition, with tomatoes for a cooling issue.
For the Spicy Hen Sandwiches
- 4 hamburger buns
For the Sauce
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Place two items of the hen in a gallon-sized zip-top bag. With rolling pin or the flat aspect of a meat mallet pound the hen to a good 1/4-inch thickness. Repeat with the remaining hen.
In a bowl or container, stir collectively the buttermilk, sriracha, 1 teaspoon of the salt salt, and the onion powder. Add the hen, toss to coat within the marinade, cowl, and refrigerate to marinade for a minimum of 1 hour and as much as in a single day.
When able to make the sandwiches, place rack within the heart of your oven and preheat to 425℉. Place an oven-safe wire rack on prime a rimmed baking sheet. Coat the rack with nonstick spray.
In a shallow dish, mix the panko, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and cayenne. Working separately, take away a chunk of hen from the marinade, shake off the surplus, and dredge it on either side within the panko combination, urgent as wanted to coat. Set the coated hen on the ready wire rack. Mist the hen with nonstick spray.
Bake the spicy hen for 20 to 25 minutes, till the hen reaches 165℉ on an instant-read thermometer.
Whereas the hen cooks, make the sauce: In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, sriracha, and salt.
To serve, toast the buns (if desired—that is straightforward to do within the oven) and unfold sauce on the highest and backside. Add the lettuce to the underside bun, adopted by the tomato and hen. Prime with pickles.
Rather than buttermilk, you need to use 1 cup of complete or low-fat milk combined with 1 tablespoon of white vinegar.
The cooking time will rely on the dimensions of the hen breasts, it’s finest to search for smaller ones (they’re additionally simpler to suit right into a sandwich)
You would swap in hen thighs (the dimensions would even work higher)
- TO STORE: Retailer leftover hen individually in an hermetic container within the fridge for 3 to 4 days. The sauce will final in an hermetic container within the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- TO REHEAT: Reheat spicy hen in an air fryer, toaster oven, or at 350 levels F within the oven so the hen re-crisps.
- TO FREEZE: The feel of thawed and re-warmed frozen spicy hen is not going to be as crispy, however you’ll be able to freeze the leftover hen for as much as 3 months in an hermetic, freezer protected container.
Serving: 1 sandwich (with bun and sauce)Energy: 552kcalCarbohydrates: 48gProtein: 61gFats: 11gSaturated Fats: 3gPolyunsaturated Fats: 2gMonounsaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 0.03gLdl cholesterol: 152mgPotassium: 1084mgFiber: 2gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 385IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 228mgIron: 4mg
Be a part of right this moment and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite recipes and entry FREE meal plans.