– In case you don’t love aubergine, you can use mushrooms or tofu as a substitute.
– Soba noodles are constructed from buckwheat which is of course gluten-free. However all the time examine the bundle in case you are illiberal as there are numerous manufacturers who combine wheat and buckwheat.
– The marinade does not have any acidic ingredient, which I truly desire within the recipe, however you can addd a splash of rice vinegar or lemon juice if you’d like.
1. Lower the aubergine in dices and add to a well-oiled pan on medium warmth, together with a pinch of salt. You need them to shrink in dimension and get shade on the perimeters, it takes round 6-8 minutes. Toss and stir now and again to stop them from sticking to the pan, and add extra oil if wanted.
2. In the meantime, stir collectively the marinade in a small bowl. It ca be slightly tough to get the miso to dissolve, I usually use the bottom of a teaspoon to mash it up and the use a whisk to get it easy.
3. Cook dinner the noodles in keeping with packet directions. When executed, rinse them in chilly water. That is necessary to get the starches off in order that they don’t change into sticky and cloggy.
4. Lower the broccoli into skinny stalks and coarsely chop the spring onion.
5. When the aubergine appears to be like executed, scooch them right into a bowl and add the broccoli, spring onions, half a garlic clove and half of the chili to the pan. Char all sides of the broccoli for only a minute or two.
6. Pour the aubergine again in and add half of the marinade. Stir round.
7. Add the noodles (we like a excessive filling-to-noodle-ratio so begin with 2/3 of the noodles and hold the remainder as backup so as to add in if wanted) and a handful spinach and take it off the warmth. Give it a toss and plate on two bowls. Prime with sesame seeds, coriander, the remainder of the chili and a drizzle of the remaining marinade.
8. Get pleasure from!