Grilled rooster tacos piled excessive with a easy lettuce-tomato slaw, avocado, and Cotija cheese on a charred tortilla are a fast weeknight dinner answer!
Grilled Rooster Tacos
We love taco Tuesdays in my home, and I’m not speaking in regards to the tacos that are available a equipment! As an alternative, I make all types of tacos from scratch, from fish tacos and sluggish cooker rooster and black bean tacos and even turkey taco lettuce wraps. See extra rooster breast recipes right here!
These grilled rooster tacos are a beautiful addition to our taco rotation. They’re good for grilling outdoors now that the climate is so heat. They’re quite simple to make, so I prefer to cook dinner them if I’m quick on time. I set all of the fixings out on the desk and let everybody make their very own. They’re a particular crowd-pleaser.
Lettuce Slaw Substances:
I like a easy lettuce slaw on these grilled rooster tacos. It mainly a salad blended collectively for one tasty topping. Under is what I put in my lettuce slaw:
- Veggies: Lettuce, tomato, purple onion
- Sauce: Lime juice, olive oil
- Seasoning: Cilantro, salt, pepper
Variations and Ideas:
- In the event you don’t wish to purchase seasoned salt, you should use a mixture of salt, chili powder, paprika, purple pepper, and garlic powder to season the rooster.
- In the event you’d want a spicier dish, add sliced jalapeno or serrano pepper to the slaw.
- Swap lettuce for cabbage.
- In the event you can’t discover cotija, sub it with feta.
- In the event you want to skip the tortillas, simply flip this dish into a giant salad. You may also use low-carb or complete wheat tortillas as an alternative of corn.
- Double or triple this taco recipe if you wish to feed a crowd.
- In the event you don’t have an out of doors grill, no worries! A grill pan or skillet will even work.
Extra Taco Recipes You’ll Love:
Grilled Rooster Tacos with Lettuce Slaw, Avocado and Cotija
Grilled rooster tacos piled excessive with a lettuce-tomato slaw, avocado, and Cotija cheese all served on a charred tortilla. A fast weeknight dinner answer!
For the rooster:
- 16 oz 4 skinny sliced boneless rooster breast cutlets
- 1 1/4 tsp seasoned salt, I used Lawry’s Fireplace Roasted Chili & Garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lime juice
For the taco:
- 2 1/2 cups 4 oz shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup 1 medium vine ripe tomato, chopped
- 1/4 unfastened cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup skinny sliced purple onion1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- pinch contemporary black pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- 4 tbsp crumbled Cotija cheese
- 5 ounces sliced, avocado
- thinly sliced radishes, for garnish (elective)
- 4 lime wedges, for serving
Season rooster with seasoned salt, olive oil and lime juice and marinate for not less than an hour.
Warmth an out of doors grill or indoor grill pan on medium-high warmth.
Oil the grates and grill about 2 minutes. Flip and cook dinner an extra 1 minute, or till cooked by. Put aside on a reducing board and slice into skinny strips.
Whereas the rooster is cooking, in a big work bowl combine the lettuce, tomato, cilantro, onions, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Put aside.
On the grill warmth tortillas, turning until they barely char, about 1 1/2 minutes on either side.
Design your taco. Add rooster, lettuce, avocado and high with cotija cheese and radishes if desired, serve with lime wedges.
Serving: 2tacos, Energy: 330kcal, Carbohydrates: 22g, Protein: 33g, Fats: 16g, Ldl cholesterol: 83mg, Sodium: 697mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 2g
WW Factors Plus: 9
Key phrases: rooster breast tacos, rooster tacos, Grilled Rooster Tacos, Grilled Rooster Tacos with Lettuce Slaw, Avocado and Cotija, wholesome rooster tacos