This publish is sponsored by The Quaker Oats Firm, however all opinions are my very own.
Have you ever tried savory oatmeal but? If the thought sounds unfamiliar, you’re not alone. Evidently oats are sometimes paired with candy flavors and substances. However oats are versatile and a fantastic possibility for savory recipes, too!
These savory oats are made with spinach, sauteed tomatoes, and a bit of feta for a heat and hearty breakfast, lunch, or dinnertime possibility! This recipe comes with a vegan possibility and it’s extremely simple to make.
Collect these substances
Quaker Outdated Original Oats
Low sodium vegetable broth
Further virgin olive oil
Feta or vegan feta crumbles
Recent cracked black pepper
Which oats work greatest?
I’m utilizing Quaker Outdated Original Oats for this recipe. However actually, by adjusting the cooking time, you should use instantaneous, conventional, or steel-cut oats for this recipe (be sure you observe the package deal instructions).
And I’m usually requested… Is one sort of oats higher than one other?
I believe they’re all good choices. Quaker On the spot, Fast, Outdated Original, and Metal Minimize – are 100% complete grain, and ounce per ounce, they supply related quantities of fiber, nutritional vitamins, and minerals. The place they differ is form, texture, and prepare dinner time. So go together with those that work greatest on your recipe, style choice, and the way a lot time it’s important to prepare dinner.
Oats are a complete grain and supply of advanced carbohydrates. And this recipe, with ½ cup of oats per serving, is an effective supply of fiber.
Ideas for achievement
- Use a high-quality, flavorful broth. Because the taste will affect the complete dish, be sure you select a broth you like. You can also make your individual or purchase your favourite from the shop.
- Get some shade on the tomatoes. Sautéing the tomatoes will carry out the pure sweetness because the skins begin to caramelize within the pan. This provides numerous taste to those savory oats. So, don’t skip that step.
- Don’t have spinach available? Be at liberty to make use of frozen – merely thaw and drain it first. You may as well use child kale or one other inexperienced. Simply remember that hardier greens won’t simply wilt into the oats. In the event you add different greens, you may have to steam or sauté them earlier than including to the oats.
This recipe is well doubled or quadrupled to feed a household. If you wish to make further to take pleasure in as leftovers, that additionally works.
Merely reheat the combined oats and save the feta to sprinkle on high.
The countdown to the large sport is on, and followers are in for a fantastic night time with the large sport – however at Quaker, they’re preparing for an excellent morning with the large grain. Quaker is inviting you to crack open a sizzling one and pregrain earlier than the large sport with a bowl of Quaker Oats! Take a look at the Quaker Pregrain Sweepstakes info beneath for more information on tips on how to take part.
Quaker continues to assist folks profit from the style, versatility, and diet of complete grain oats. Evidently, the model has been round for all 56 Sunday large video games and is aware of that “pregraining” is a good way to assist begin your morning.
Whether or not you’re prepared for this savory concept otherwise you wish to stick with candy, or go for a sizzling or chilly dish possibility, oats are a clean canvas that I’m excited to assist encourage you to create your individual bowl of oats for sport day and past.
“Pregrain” for the large sport
- To have fun this Sunday morning second, Quaker has created limited-edition Quaker Oats 6-packs that will help you gasoline up on sport day! Followers may have the possibility to win their very own Quaker 6-pack to take pleasure in with their pregrain squad earlier than kick-off.
- To enter the Quaker Pregrain Sweepstakes, followers can head to Quaker’s Instagram web page, @Quaker, from now till – February 6 and point out a pal they’d wish to crack open a canister with on sport day morning together with the hashtags #QuakerPregrain and #Sweepstakes. 100 fortunate winners will probably be chosen the week of February 7 and 6-packs will probably be shipped forward of the large sport.
- See official guidelines for full particulars on tips on how to enter. Sweepstakes closes at 11:59 p.m. EST on February 6, 2022, NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Have to be 18 or older and a U.S. resident to enter the sweepstakes.
Able to strive savory oats? Right here’s the recipe!
Spinach Tomato Feta Savory Oats
These savory oats are full of spinach, sauteed tomatoes, and a bit of feta for a heat and hearty breakfast, lunch, or dinner! This recipe comes with a vegan possibility and it’s extremely simple to make.
- ½ cup Quaker Outdated Original Oats
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup child spinach
- 1 tbsp feta or vegan feta crumbles
- Recent cracked black pepper
Deliver the inventory to a boil. Stir within the oats. Cook dinner about 5 minutes over medium warmth, stirring sometimes.
In the meantime, warmth the olive oil over medium warmth in a small skillet. Add the tomatoes and garlic. Sauté 4-5 minutes, simply till the tomatoes are heated by way of and begin to blister.
Stir the spinach into the cooked oats.
Spoon the oats right into a bowl. High with sauteed tomatoes, feta, and black pepper.
Serving: 450g | Energy: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 13g | Fats: 18g | Saturated Fats: 3.5g | Ldl cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 270mg | Potassium: 177mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 2g | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 3mg