Oral Science is proud to launch a brand new 5 ML, extra handy bottle of Benefit Arrest®, the main Silver Diamine Fluoride therapy (SDF) in Canada.
This new format has been developed based mostly on the calls for and desires of dentists and dental hygienists throughout Canada:
- A smaller, handy bottle
- Choice to order extra models at an identical value worth to can help you inventory extra operatories
- Simpler administration of expiration schedules
The first Breakthrough Designation by the FDA
Launched in 2017 as the primary Silver Diamine Fluoride therapy, Benefit Arrest® was granted the first breakthrough remedy designation by the FDA for an oral care product.
The excellence was granted based mostly on the FDA evaluate of 10 worldwide randomized medical trials evaluating silver diamine fluoride for caries arrest in youngsters aged 3-9 or adults aged 60-89. Collectively these trials concerned 1,500 topics who had been monitored for 1-3 years. As well as, it represents the FDA’s effort to deal with an unmet, severe, life-threatening medical want.
Science Exhibits Benefit Arrest is the Chief of SDF Therapy
Since then, Benefit Arrest® continues to be the chief of SDF therapy as being the one one indicated by Well being Canada to assist arrest the development of an already shaped caries in everlasting and first dentition.
Moreover, it’s 38% Silver Diamine Fluoride formulation with out Potassium Iodine (KI) provides a number of advantages for the dental professionals;
- SDF + KI therapy inhibited growth of secondary caries on GIC restorations, however was not as efficient as SDF therapy alone. Furthermore, SDF + KI therapy precipitated a perceptible staining on the restoration margin, however the depth was lower than that with purely SDF therapy alone. ,
- As said KI is barely indicated to be used in important everlasting posterior dentition (KI just isn’t indicated for pediatric dentistry/main dentition) 
- Storage requires refrigeration and shelf life of two years in comparison with 3 years for Silver Diamine Fluoride (Benefit Arrest®)
- A number of steps are wanted to finish the applying
Black mat is an indicator that the lesion is static.
Credit: Dr. Jeremy Horst
Oral Science welcomes dentists and dental hygienists to contact it’s staff of Preventive Dental Care Companions for any questions relating to the combination of Silver Diamine Fluoride therapy protocols. The 8ml and 30-pack unit-doses format are nonetheless out there.
 Turton, B., Horn, R., Durward, C. (2020). Caries arrest and lesion look utilizing two completely different silver fluoride therapies on main enamel with and with out potassium iodide: 12-month outcomes. Medical and Experimental Dental Analysis, web page 1 – 11.
 Zhao, I., et al. (2017). Impact of Silver Diamine Fluoride and Potassium Iodide Therapy on Secondary Caries Prevention and Tooth Discoloration in Cervical Glass Ionomer Cement Restoration. Worldwide Journal of Molecular Science, Quantity 18, Quantity 340, pages 1- 12.