I’ve discovered that having a meal plan is important while you’re loopy busy in life, and that fast, straightforward meals are a lifesaver. I do know these of you who’re mother and father, career-focused, or in class really feel the very same approach, which is among the explanation why I like sharing straightforward one pan dinners — together with this one pan honey mustard rooster!
I made this for Tony and me on a whim one evening a number of years in the past based mostly on what was in my fridge and pantry and it was freakin’ delish. All you must do is throw some rooster, veggies and potatoes onto a baking sheet, toss it with a candy selfmade honey mustard marinade sauce (infused with somewhat curry powder + cayenne for warmth!) after which roast to perfection.
Straightforward, easy, scrumptious, flavorful, distinctive, stuffed with taste AND solely takes half-hour to prepare dinner all on one pan! What extra may you need in a dinner?!
What’s on this one pan honey mustard rooster recipe?
Regardless of the size of the title, this sheet pan rooster recipe is easy, easy and naturally, completely scrumptious. To make all of it you’ll want is:
- Boneless skinless rooster thighs: I discover rooster thighs to be probably the most flavorful and juicy in comparison with rooster breasts and prepare dinner completely with the greens, however be happy to make use of rooster breasts in the event you’d like.
- Potatoes: I like the buttery taste of yukon gold potatoes for this sheet pan dinner, however you can too use candy potatoes in the event you desire.
- Carrots: be happy to make use of common, giant carrots or get somewhat fancy with smaller rainbow heirloom carrots. Yum!
- Yellow onion: for scrumptious sweetness and somewhat zing.
- Brussels sprouts: is there something higher than completely roasted brussels sprouts? These get deliciously caramelized with the sauce and add some inexperienced to your sheet pan rooster dinner.
- For kickin’ curry honey mustard sauce: you’ll use honey, dijon mustard, olive oil, curry powder, and a little bit of cayenne pepper (in the event you like somewhat warmth). The curry powder provides an unimaginable, distinctive taste that kicks up this conventional honey mustard sauce. If you happen to’re not a fan of curry, skip it — the sauce is scrumptious with or with out it.
Customise this one pan meal
This straightforward one pan honey mustard rooster recipe is nice for customizing together with your fav veggies and proteins! Listed below are some options:
- Attempt a brand new protein: be happy to make use of salmon and even shrimp rather than the rooster! I’d advocate cooking seafood on a separate sheet pan from the veggies as they take much less time to prepare dinner. You can additionally grill your salmon utilizing this tutorial!
- Swap your veggies: this recipe could be scrumptious with candy potatoes, bell pepper, broccoli, and cauliflower. No matter greens your coronary heart wishes.
- Add a grain: attempt including your favourite grain to this recipe and make 6 servings for the week! I believe this honey mustard rooster could be scrumptious with quinoa, rice, couscous and even cauliflower rice for a decrease carb choice.
Suggestions for making sheet pan recipes
- Preserve the whole lot in a single layer. Ensure that to not overcrowd your pan! When you have veggies sitting on prime of one another chances are high they may prepare dinner erratically. Make sure to use a sheet pan that’s good and enormous in order that the whole lot has a spot, or break up your elements into two smaller sheet pans.
- Lower your veggies good and thick. These infants can be roasting for round half-hour, so ensure that your veggies aren’t sliced too skinny. I counsel 1-inch to your potatoes and 1/2 inch for carrots.
- Flip and rotate midway by. I counsel rotating your pan midway by and likewise flipping your veggies to make sure even cooking.
The proper meal prep dinner
One among my favourite components about sheet pan dinners is that they’re good for feeding the entire household or meal prepping for 1-2 folks for the week. To meal prep this recipe merely:
- Let the rooster and greens cool fully
- Divide your complete recipe into 4 separate meal prep containers like these. Every container will then have 1/4 of the rooster, 1/4 of the potatoes, and so forth
- Add your grains into your meal prep container (if together with), and prime together with your rooster and greens
Retailer any leftover one pan honey mustard rooster and greens in an hermetic glass container within the fridge for as much as 3-4 days.
Extra rooster recipes you’ll love
Get all of my wholesome rooster recipes right here!
I do know you’re going to like this sheet pan honey mustard rooster recipe. Please let me know in the event you make it by leaving a remark and ranking the recipe under. I’d love to listen to from you and it helps encourage others to make the recipe too! Take pleasure in – xo.
Sheet Pan Kickin’ Curry Honey Mustard Hen & Veggies
Scrumptious sheet pan honey mustard rooster baked to perfection with potatoes, carrots, onion and brussels sprouts. You will love the kickin’ curry honey mustard on this unimaginable one pan rooster and greens! An exquisite, wholesome rooster dinner for busy weeknights that is paleo, gluten, grain and dairy free.
- For the rooster and veggies:
boneless skinless rooster thighs
1-inch diced yukon gold or child pink potatoes (or be happy to sub candy potatoes)
giant carrots, sliced into ½ inch thick chunks (or use 6 small heirloom rainbow carrots)
yellow onion, reduce into chunks
brussels sprouts, reduce in half and outer yellow leaves eliminated
- For the kickin’ curry honey mustard:
dijon mustard (I just like the grainy dijon mustard!)
yellow curry powder
- Non-obligatory in the event you like a bit of warmth: ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Freshly floor salt and LOTS of black pepper
Preheat oven to 425 levels F. Line a big baking sheet or two small baking sheets with parchment paper or foil. Put aside.
Add rooster thighs, potato cubes, carrot chunks, onion chunks and halved brussels sprouts into a big bowl.
In a medium bowl, combine collectively honey, dijon mustard, olive oil, yellow curry powder, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper. Use clear fingers or a tong to toss the entire elements collectively till properly mixed and spices and sauce evenly coat the rooster and veggies. Pour onto ready baking sheet (or evenly divide between two baking sheets.) You’ll need to group the greens as finest as attainable: carrots in a single part, rooster in a single part, potatoes in a single part and brussels and onions in a single part (as indicated within the pictures). Season with extra salt and pepper. Bake for 25-35 minutes, rotating the pan(s) and stirring greens midway by to encourage even cooking. You’ll understand it’s achieved when the carrots and potatoes are fork tender and rooster reaches an inside temperature of 165 levels F.
As soon as rooster and veggies are achieved cooking, take away from the oven and instantly garnish with recent chopped parsley, if desired. Serve instantly. Serves 4.
Servings: 4 servings
Serving dimension: 1 serving (1/4 of the rooster and veggies)
Saturated fats: 4g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats
This submit was initially printed on March ninth, 2020, and republished on April tenth, 2023.