This lemon blueberry bread recipe is perfection! It’s moist and zesty, studded with fruit and topped with a candy drizzle.
- 2 cups (280 g) all-purpose flour, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar, plus extra for topping
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup impartial oil (grapeseed, vegetable or canola)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt or bitter cream
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (zest from 1 massive lemon)
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 ½ cups recent blueberries*, rinsed and patted dry (or substitute frozen, not thawed), plus 1 handful further for the highest
- 1 recipe Cream Cheese Glaze or Lemon Glaze
- Preheat: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9-inch aluminum loaf pan.
- Make the batter: In a big bowl, whisk the all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate medium bowl, whisk the eggs, then whisk within the oil, yogurt, milk, lemon juice, zest and lemon extract till clean. Stir the dry elements into the moist elements with a spatula till a thick, clean batter kinds.
- Prep the blueberries: Wash and dry the blueberries. Place the blueberries in a bowl and toss with the 1 teaspoon flour. Gently fold them into the batter.
- Bake: Pour the batter into the ready loaf pan. Prime with a sprinkle of one other handful of blueberries, urgent them into the highest. Then sprinkle with just a few teaspoons of further granulated sugar.
- Bake: Bake 55 to 65 minutes, overlaying loosely with aluminum foil at half-hour, till the highest springs again when touched and a toothpick inserted comes out clear. The precise timing will rely in your oven and baking pan.
- Cool: Cool the bread within the pan for half-hour. Then run a knife across the edge and invert the loaf onto a cooling rack. Permit to chill absolutely to room temperature (about half-hour to 1 hour).
- Add glaze: Combine the elements in a small bowl till it comes collectively right into a clean icing (whether it is too runny add a bit extra powdered sugar; if it’s too thick add just a few drops extra liquid). Use a fork to drizzle the highest of the bread with the icing.
- Storage data: The bread lasts 3 to 4 days at room temperature wrapped in aluminum foil or refrigerated for 10 days wrapped in foil (deliver to room temperature earlier than having fun with). You can even freeze un-iced bread for as much as 3 months (slice it into items and wrap it in plastic wrap then a freezer-safe bag or container).
- Class: Bread
- Methodology: Baked
- Delicacies: Baked
- Food regimen: Vegetarian
Key phrases: Lemon blueberry bread, blueberry lemon bread, lemon blueberry bread recipe