Grilled Hen Chickpea Salad is a recent and easy high-protein lunch that may be eaten chilly on the go at work, the seashore, or anyplace else you’re headed this summer time.
Grilled Hen Chickpea Salad
This Grilled Hen Chickpea Salad is topped with feta cheese, a simple and cheap lunch . Chickpeas are one among my favourite pantry staples – I all the time have a can on hand. Every serving of this salad has 30 grams of protein, which you’ll enhance by including extra grilled hen or leftover hen breast from a roasted hen. It’s additionally excessive in fiber. Less difficult, budget-friendly high-protein lunch recipes are this Chickpea Tuna Salad, Spicy Canned Salmon Rice Bowl, and Savory Cottage Cheese Bowl.
Chickpeas are one among my favourite legumes so I all the time hold my pantry stocked with cans. It’s an important pantry staple, that’s cheap and loaded with fiber! In case you’re on a excessive protein weight loss program, you possibly can take a look at all my excessive protein recipes right here.
Grilled Hen Chickpea Salad Substances
Listed here are the elements on this Greek-inspired chickpea salad.
- Protein: Grilled hen, chickpeas, feta
- Greens: Mini cucumbers, grape or cherry tomatoes, purple onion
- Dressing: Further virgin olive oil, lemon juice
- Seasoning: Salt, dried oregano
Methods to Meal Prep
This hen chickpea salad recipe makes sufficient for 2 servings, however be happy to double or triple the recipe to feed extra folks. You may meal prep this salad the night time earlier than you intend on consuming it.
- Mix the hen, chickpeas, and greens with half of the lemon juice and olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Divide into two food-storage containers, and high with feta, oregano, and the remaining lemon and oil.
- Chickpeas: You may swap the chickpeas for canned white beans.
- Cucumber: I used mini cucumbers, which have a skinny pores and skin and don’t require peeling. An English or Persian cucumber would additionally work in case you can’t discover the mini ones. In case you purchase a daily cucumber, peel the pores and skin off because it’s thicker and extra bitter.
- Onion: Swap purple onion for shallot.
- Tomatoes: Sub sundried tomatoes for recent.
- Greens: Add avocado or bell pepper for extra veggies.
- Lettuce: Serve this hen chickpea salad over blended greens or chopped romaine.
- Cheese: In case you don’t like feta, skip it.
- Herbs: Substitute dried basil or thyme for oregano or use recent herbs.
Extra Chickpea Salad Recipes You’ll Love:
Grilled Hen Feta Chickpea Salad
- 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 oz grilled hen, or leftover breast from a rotisserie, diced
- 1 tablespoon further virgin olive oil
- 2 mini cucumbers, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup purple onion
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 oz feta, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
Mix chickpeas, hen, cucumbers, tomato and purple onion with 1/2 the lemon, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and salt and toss.
Divide on 2 plates and high with feta, dried oregano and remaining lemon juice and olive oil.
Serving: 13/4 cups, Energy: 462kcal, Carbohydrates: 41g, Protein: 34g, Fats: 19.5g, Saturated Fats: 6g, Ldl cholesterol: 73.5mg, Sodium: 1103mg, Fiber: 11.5g, Sugar: 16g
Key phrases: chilly lunch concepts, grilled hen and chickpeas, excessive protein lunch concepts, non sandwich lunch concepts, salad concepts