Desk of Contents[Hide][Show]
After intensive private use, I consider that the Goby toothbrush is likely one of the finest electrical toothbrushes in the marketplace.
This oscillating toothbrush, which has similarities in design to Oral-B fashions, is my present favourite toothbrush for anybody beneath 40 and/or these in search of an ideal toothbrush for whitening. It breaks up the pellicle, outlined as that fuzzy feeling in your tooth from plaque buildup.
Every package will run between $50-$80 on a subscription plan or $65-95 as a one-time buy. Their subscription ensures you always remember to re-order toothbrush heads.
Let’s have a look at the professionals and cons of a Goby, plus learn how to know if it’s best for you.
Ask the Dentist is supported by readers. For those who use one of many hyperlinks under and purchase one thing, Ask the Dentist makes slightly bit of cash at no extra value to you. I rigorously analysis, take a look at, and use hundreds of merchandise yearly, however advocate solely a small fraction of those. I solely promote merchandise that I actually really feel will likely be worthwhile to you in enhancing your oral well being.
What’s a Goby Toothbrush?
The Goby electrical toothbrush is one of some newer subscription manufacturers on the toothbrush market that search to supply trendy, direct-to-consumer dental care with out the value tag of “legacy” manufacturers like Sonicare or Oral-B.
It’s a minimalistic, easy brush with one button, two settings, and a few nice comfort options. The toothbrush head oscillates forwards and backwards, fairly than utilizing a vibration like a sonic toothbrush.
Founders Claire Burke and Ben Goldberg began the corporate as a technique to give individuals the prospect for a good looking toothbrush with out the “overpriced” tag.
As a technique to “make nice oral care accessible to all,” as their web site places it, Goby companions with NYU School of Dentistry’s International Pupil Outreach Program. With each brush buy, cash is donated to help dental companies within the US and overseas.
One in all my favourite issues about Goby is the simplicity of their advertising. It’s no-fuss, and that’s simply how I like issues. Your toothbrush doesn’t must be complicated or have six buttons to provide you a correct clear.
It actually emphasizes the underlying tone of their model identify:
Goby Merchandise + Price
Whereas many toothbrush producers additionally supply extra merchandise, Goby focuses strictly on getting you an ideal oscillatory brush and a brand new brush head each 1-3 months. Regardless of which brush type you decide, every head will likely be delivered to you for $6 and free transport.
Goby presents three commonplace brush kits, plus a number of restricted version brushes that come out a number of instances all year long (some examples pictured above).
Metallic Brush Kits [$80 sub/$95 one-time]
Obtainable in a shiny gold end, their metallic brush kits are Goby’s “premium” providing.
Monochrome Brush Kits [$60 sub/$75 one-time]
You will get considered one of these monochrome brushes in:
Basic Brush Kits [$50 sub/$65 one-time]
The plastic basic kits are the place it began. These are my favourite designs for teenagers and school college students! They arrive in:
Within the Field
In your Goby field, you’ll discover only a few easy equipment;
- 1 Goby brush with connected spherical brush head (ought to have some cost upon arrival)
- An identical plastic base that can be utilized with or with out the charger for the comb to face upright in your countertop
- A charging twine with a wi-fi (induction) charger that can be utilized in or out of the bottom
- An identical plastic wall brick to plug within the USB charging twine
- A journey case to guard the pinnacle of the comb in baggage
Options of the Goby Brush
There are a couple of methods it’s straightforward to see Goby has thoughtfully created a brush with every thing you want and nothing you don’t.
- The Goby electrical toothbrush has a chargeable battery with a 2-week battery life. That is shorter than some fashions that may go as much as 4 weeks on a cost, however strains up with their oscillatory brush rivals. Oscillating brushes use extra juice per use than a comparable sonic brush.
- Every use incorporates a 2-minute timer with 30-second pulses to remind you to maneuver to the following quadrant. No want to fret about brushing lengthy sufficient!
- Identical to I desire, the Goby electrical toothbrush makes use of only one brush head, and it’s tremendous smooth. Medium and agency brush heads are inclined to scratch tooth, which might result in extra frequent cavities.
- On the entrance of the bottom, there are 3 battery indicator lights that gentle up in inexperienced. When it’s charging, you’ll see a flash of one of many lights to indicate your progress. Once you’re finished brushing, you’ll be capable to see the indicator lights for the cost you’ve acquired left.
- Goby’s oscillating brushes are prime for stain elimination. Whereas a toothbrush doesn’t “whiten” your tooth, it positive might help take away some floor stains. I’ve discovered that an oscillating brush head does this extra effectively than sonic manufacturers.
- For those who brush too onerous, the strain sensor will change the vibration so you already know to again off. In terms of the appropriate technique to brush your tooth, many individuals are inclined to dig the bristles into their tooth, which is completely pointless. Goby helps you retain it light.
Goby Toothbrush: Professionals + Cons
The Good Stuff
There are lots of “execs” of proudly owning a Goby toothbrush, together with its direct-to-consumer buying mannequin that saves you each money and time.
Listed below are my favourite issues about proudly owning a Goby:
- They’re direct-to-consumer. In contrast to common brushes just like the Philips Sonicare or Oral-B Braun, Goby cuts out the intermediary to provide you a high quality brush for a similar you may pay for a “price range” model of one other model.
- It’s nice for stain elimination. Okay, I’ve stated this a number of instances, however the oscillatory brush is the very best kind of toothbrush for brighter tooth.
- The comb head subscription helps you keep away from too-old brush heads that result in abrasions on tooth. Plus, you may select how incessantly you need—personally, I like as soon as a month, but when that’s not doable for you, each two or three months works advantageous, too.
- Their brush head replacements are cheaper than Oral-B. I’ve used many Oral-B’s over time, and so they do make an ideal brush. Nevertheless, Goby’s $6 new head alternative is lower than what you’d pay for an Oral-B mannequin (often between $8-16).
- My tooth really feel clear. Most electrical brushes will do an ideal job at sprucing your tooth, and Goby isn’t any exception.
- They’re followers of minimalism, like me. I like that there’s one button, simply two settings, and no pointless equipment.
- They’ve a delicate mode. The second press of the Goby’s button will take you to a gentler cleansing mode. I believe most electrical toothbrushes are far stronger than needed, so I just like the light mode over the usual one.
- The comb head isn’t unnecessarily agency. All of my sufferers get comparable recommendation: don’t use something however a smooth brush head. With Goby, you don’t must marvel if that’s what you’re getting—there’s only one possibility, and it’s the appropriate one.
- With an apparent battery indicator, it’s straightforward to know when to recharge. Many fashions don’t present the battery life on the finish of every brushing session, and I like that this one does.
- Goby’s the identical kind of brush that outperforms sonic brushes in plaque and gingivitis discount. This 2018 examine utilized Oral-B fashions, not Goby, however with an extremely comparable tech, it’s protected to say that the oscillating brushes could do a bit higher defending your oral well being.
- The comb deal with is constructed from an ideal materials for a strong grip. The smooth rubber feels nice to carry and it’s not straightforward to drop.
Cons of the Goby
In my view, there aren’t many cons of Goby toothbrushes. Nevertheless, there are some things it doesn’t supply which will change your thoughts about this brush.
- You may’t purchase it on Amazon. As a lot as I like the comfort of it, this brush isn’t going to come back with free 2-day transport with the remainder of your Amazon shipments.
- It’s not going to work in addition to a sonic brush in the event you wrestle with receding gums. In my expertise with sufferers, solely the sonic vibrations of that kind of brush actually take away plaque from the open pockets left by receding gums.
- It doesn’t have a confirmed observe file. Though I like supporting start-ups, some individuals desire to decide on a model that’s older and extra established to keep away from inventory, supply, or high quality points. (For what it’s value, I’ve been utilizing a Goby on and off for nearly two years and getting common replacements with none hiccups.)
- You may’t get alternative brush heads simply wherever. In contrast to different, extra available manufacturers, you may solely exchange Goby’s heads with new Goby heads they ship. It’s not one thing you may decide up simply at your native drugstore.
- It doesn’t include a toothpaste. Though meaning you may merely decide an ideal toothpaste like RiseWell‘s hydroxyapatite toothpaste, getting a brush with toothpaste collectively is a plus for many individuals. (Boka does simply that.)
- Their pack doesn’t include a handbook toothbrush. Some manufacturers embrace a handbook brush with their electrical model, however that’s not the case with Goby.
Do you have to get a Goby? (Plus, a Low cost Code)
On the finish of the day, the proper toothbrush for you is the one you’ll decide up and use. Your dental well being is dependent upon it. Whether or not that’s a Goby or a $3 handbook toothbrush from Walgreens, it’s essential you determine what works for you.
I recognize the mission of Goby and the customer-centric method they take. I additionally suppose it’s a wonderful toothbrush and I take pleasure in utilizing it recurrently.
- Its oscillatory movement removes stains higher than sonic movement toothbrushes, and it’s nonetheless nice at plaque elimination.
- The subscription service means that you can obtain alternative heads on the interval of your selection, with out you having to recollect to order.
- Their firm supplies follow-up schooling and provides a private contact.
For anybody beneath 40, or who’s focus is on stain elimination, the Goby electrical toothbrush is my high advice.