Oh hello there. Welcome to your weekly MUST BAKE recipe from Formidable Kitchen.
At the moment’s pleasant fudgy journey involves you in brownie type and is a recipe I perfected again in 2019. These aren’t simply your typical brownies. NOPE. These are my ridiculously delicious ALMOND BUTTER BROWNIES, they usually simply so occur to be flourless, fudgy AF and so good you’d assume that they got here straight from the Ghirardelli HQ.
I’m simply going to say this proper right here so it’s on the market: these almond butter brownies are legitimately the very best gluten free + dairy free brownies you’ll ever, ever eat. In reality, they’re SO addictive that they may simply be higher than my web well-known tahini brownies, and that’s actually saying A LOT.
To be trustworthy, once I first made these, I didn’t assume they’d be as scrumptious as they have been. I used to be merely making an attempt to make a brownie model of my almond butter blondies. Nonetheless, after sinking my enamel right into a nook piece, I couldn’t cease saying, ‘OH MY GOODNESS,’ and ‘THESE ARE AMAZING — WOW.’
I really like them. Tony loves them. Sidney liked them in utero. SO NOW YOU MUST MAKE THEM! You recognize, simply to make sure.
What’s in these almond butter brownies?
Right here’s the thrilling information: you solely want 8 substances to make these almond butter brownies! Not solely do I really like that these require substances you doubtless have already got in your pantry, however I’m additionally obsessive about the truth that these brownies are each dairy and gluten free, which suggests they’re nice for these with allergic reactions. Listed here are the 8 substances you’ll want:
- Almond butter: it’s finest to make use of an all pure, drippy almond butter on this recipe (simply almonds + salt). I really like Wild Buddies almond butter, and you should use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15’ for 15% off!
- Eggs: you’ll want 2 eggs on this brownie recipe.
- Maple syrup: we’re naturally sweetening these almond butter brownies with some pure maple syrup.
- Brown sugar: brown sugar provides them a pleasant crackly high and a real fudgy texture. Discover ways to make your individual with this tutorial!
- Coconut oil: you’ll solely want a tablespoon of coconut oil to provide them brownies moisture.
- Chocolate chips: be happy to make use of mini chocolate chips, darkish chocolate chips or dairy free chocolate chips.
- Baking staples: you’ll want a tiny little bit of baking sodain this recipe to maintain the brownies completely fudgy, plus just a little salt.
Non-compulsory ingredient swaps
In the event you’re out of any substances or are on the lookout for a sub, right here’s what I can recommend for these almond butter brownies:
- For the almond butter: a pure, drippy cashew butter or sunflower seed butter must also work, however almond butter provides these the very best texture and taste! After all, be happy to attempt my tahini brownies as an alternative.
- For the brown sugar: be happy to make use of coconut sugar in the event you’d like, nonetheless, brown sugar actually provides them that true brownie texture and taste.
- For the coconut oil: you can too use melted butter or vegan butter.
Can I make them vegan?
I haven’t examined these brownies with flax eggs, however let me know within the feedback in the event you do! You’ll additionally need to use dairy free/vegan chocolate chips like these.
Enjoyable brownie mix-ins (in the event you dare!)
I all the time love making recipes just a little extra… formidable. These flourless almond butter brownies aren’t any totally different. Be at liberty to stir in or high your brownies with any of the next to essentially make them your individual:
- Walnuts or pecans: chopped nuts in brownies? I’m all about it.
- Frosting + sprinkles on high: as a result of cosmic brownies will be birthday cake too!
- Caramel + sea salt: stir in a number of tablespoons of caramel after which sprinkle the brownies with sea salt when completed.
- Mint brownies: add 1/2 teaspoon mint or peppermint extract to the brownie batter, then bake up!
- Raspberry jam swirl: swirl in a tablespoon or two or raspberry jam — it’s kinda like a chocolate almond butter and jelly sandwich.
- Butterscotch chips: get loopy, you wild animal.
Easy methods to retailer almond butter brownies
The evening after I first made these brownies I put them within the fridge to see if I’d love them even colder. My instinct was proper. Straight chilly from the fridge with a glass of almond milk is the place it’s actually at. Listed here are 2 methods to retailer them:
- Within the fridge: I’d advocate leaving them on the counter for not more than a day or two, after which storing the brownies coated within the fridge. They’re particularly scrumptious straight from the fridge anyway.
- To freeze almond butter brownies: permit brownies to chill utterly, then reduce the brownies as directed. Wrap particular person brownies in plastic wrap, then in foil or a reusable bag equivalent to Stasher luggage. Freeze for as much as 3 months.
Extra brownies & bars you’ll love
Get all of my brownie & bar recipes right here!
I can’t wait to see what you give you! In the event you make this recipe, make sure to price the recipe under and depart a remark! You can too observe me on Instagram and tag #ambitiouskitchen. xo!
Fudgy Flourless Almond Butter Brownies (gluten free + dairy free)
Really probably the greatest gluten free brownie recipes on the web: fudgy, flourless almond butter brownies made with easy substances like pure creamy almond butter, pure maple syrup, cocoa powder and chocolate chips. Unimaginable scorching from the oven and even straight from the fridge — you may love these!
creamy, pure almond butter (solely almonds + salt because the substances)
packed brown sugar (or sub coconut sugar)
pure maple syrup
coconut oil, melted and cooled (may also use melted butter or vegan butter)
unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder (use a high-quality — not Hershey’s)
chocolate chips, dairy free if desired
- For the topping:
chocolate chips, dairy free if desired
- Fancy sea salt, for sprinkling on high
Preheat oven to 350 levels Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
In a big bowl, combine collectively the almond butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and eggs till clean and nicely mixed. Subsequent add melted coconut oil and blend once more till clean. Lastly add within the cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and blend till nicely included. Stir in ¼ cup chocolate chips. The batter ought to be THICK and that’s the way in which we wish it.
Add the brownie batter to the ready pan and evenly unfold out utilizing a rubber spatula or you could have to your palms to evenly push the batter in direction of the sides. Bake for 15-20 minutes till tester comes out clear or with just some crumbs connected. It’s finest to underbake these brownies. Permit the brownies to chill within the pan for not less than 20-Half-hour earlier than eradicating or slicing; they are going to be tremendous fudgy and also you need them to utterly set first. This can be a real testomony of willpower 🙂
To high the brownies: add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a small microwave protected bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals till chocolate is clean and melted. Drizzle over brownies, then high with fancy sea salt. Reduce into 16 squares and revel in! These brownies are scrumptious straight from the fridge. They’re fudgy and ideal if you wish to retailer them in there.
See the complete publish for storing & freezing directions.
To make brownies vegan: You’ll be able to attempt utilizing two flax eggs as an alternative of standard eggs. Please know that I’ve not examined this selection myself.
If you would like to decrease the sugar in these brownies: I recommend slicing the brown sugar to 1/3 cup and leaving out the chocolate chips within the brownies. I’ve tried it and it was nonetheless delish — nonetheless, I do advocate conserving the chocolate drizzle on high.
Servings: 16 brownies
Serving dimension: 1 brownie
Saturated fats: 3.1g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats
This publish was initially printed on September fifth, 2019, and republished on June ninth, 2022.