It’s a wholesome dessert day! This wealthy and creamy Date Shake tastes like an old school vanilla milkshake with a kiss of cinnamon, but it surely’s made with frozen bananas, dates, and almond butter.
My love for milkshakes started in my childhood, when my dad would make vanilla shakes within the blender for my sisters and me as a particular post-dinner deal with.
The milkshake affair continued on to highschool, the place each weekend, my buddies and I might finish the night time on the one and solely 24-hour diner on our aspect of city.
My order was all the time a big milkshake.
I’d strain my then-boyfriend into ordering fries in order that I might dip them. (I KNOW. I’m a type of fry-in-the Frosty folks.)
In school, I labored at a late-night on-campus eatery, the place I grew to become intimately acquainted with the shake wants of rowdy undergrads at 3 a.m.
As we speak, I nonetheless love the style, texture, and refreshing nature of milkshakes however not the heavy feeling they depart in my abdomen afterward.
This can be a wholesome date shake recipe with out ice cream, but it surely tastes like a real deal with. You’re going to like it!
How you can Make the Finest Date Shake
The unique date shake got here from Palm Springs.
However with a number of easy components, irrespective of the place you reside you may make a vanilla date shake for a fraction of what you’d pay at a flowery resort.
- A date shake has the identical consistency as a standard milkshake, however the sweetness comes solely from the dates and frozen banana.
- That is additionally a vegan date shake recipe, which suggests these with dairy allergy symptoms can get pleasure from it (the identical is true of my copycat Shamrock Shake).
- Dates. Dates are nature’s sweet! They offer this shake loads of sweetness with out the necessity for added sugar. Dates are full of fiber and antioxidants.
- Frozen Bananas. Blended frozen bananas style remarkably like ice cream and make the shake thick, candy, and creamy. Bananas are wealthy in potassium and fiber.
- Almond Butter. Offers the shake richness and nuttiness. With wholesome fat, almond butter additionally helps make it extra satisfying.
- Vanilla Almond Milk. I really like the delicate vanilla taste and nuttiness of vanilla almond milk, however you should use any milk you might have available.
- Vanilla. Provides a heat that completely enhances the dates.
- Add the shake components to a blender.
- Mix till easy. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Refrigerate leftovers for as much as 1 day. To thicken it up once more, reblend the combination with extra frozen fruit, ice, or dates.
- To Freeze. Freeze the date shake in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container for as much as 1 month. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than serving.
Meal Prep Tip
As much as 1 month upfront, put together a handful of date shakes (multiply the recipe as desired). Freeze them in parts in hermetic containers. Thaw and revel in as wanted.
Banana Date Shake Recipe Variations
- Go Tropical. Add mango and sprinkle the highest with toasted coconut.
- Chocolate. Add a teaspoon or two of unsweetened cocoa powder and a handful of chocolate chips.
- Protein Date Shake. Be at liberty so as to add a scoop of your favourite vanilla protein powder. Chocolate protein powder within the chocolate model could be mighty tasty too.
Really helpful Instruments to Make this Recipe
The Finest Blender
This high-powered blender is a workhorse! It may well create completely easy shakes, smoothies, dips, soups, and extra.
I hope you’re keen on this wealthy, creamy, wholesome banana date shake as a lot as we do. I’d love to listen to your ideas within the feedback beneath!
Incessantly Requested Questions
Sure, you may swap the almond butter for any nut-free butter you get pleasure from. Be sure to additionally use a nut-free milk.
- 2 giant bananas minimize into chunks and frozen (about 2 cups sliced)
- 4 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or peanut butter plus further to style
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or milk of alternative
- Small handful ice cubes non-obligatory
Place the banana, dates, almond butter, vanilla extract, and almond milk in a excessive powered blender (if you happen to would not have a high-powered blender, I like to recommend mixing the milk and half of the frozen fruit first, then slowly including the remainder of the fruit and remaining components).
Mix till easy. If you need the shake a bit thicker, add a number of ice cubes and mix once more. Style and add further almond butter if you would like the shake somewhat richer or one other date if you would like it sweeter. Pour and revel in!
- TO STORE: Refrigerate leftovers for as much as 1 day. To thicken it up once more, reblend the combination with extra frozen fruit, ice, or dates.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze the date shake in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container for as much as 1 month. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than serving.
Serving: 1(of two)Energy: 324kcalCarbohydrates: 69gProtein: 5gFats: 6gSaturated Fats: 1gPolyunsaturated Fats: 2gMonounsaturated Fats: 3gPotassium: 882mgFiber: 8gSugar: 49gVitamin A: 159IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 215mgIron: 1mg
Be a part of at this time and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.