Good for busy weeknights if you want a quick recipe that’s additionally low-fuss, this wholesome Crockpot Beef and Broccoli is right here for you.
- The meat is tender.
- The sauce is wealthy and savory.
- The broccoli, which advantages from a low and gradual “bathtub” within the sauce, is exceptionally interesting.
A real “dump and go” crockpot meal (like my favourite Crock Pot Pepper Steak), 100% of the cooking for this gradual cooker beef stir fry recipe occurs proper within the crockpot.
No pre-browning of the meat on the range or separate sauce discount is important, and the outcomes are spectacular.
Congrats! You’ve discovered the BEST wholesome crockpot beef and broccoli recipe.
5 Star Overview
“That is the BEST beef and broccoli recipe that I’ve ever had. Even my boys stated it was scrumptious! On the common rotation, for positive.”
— DeeDee —
Tips on how to Make Crockpot Beef and Broccoli
Beef and broccoli could be a takeout custom (as is On the spot Pot Teriyaki Hen), but it surely’s one of many best and most budget-friendly stir-fry dishes you can also make at dwelling.
For this wholesome crockpot beef and broccoli, right here’s what you’ll want.
- Beef. I opted to make the gradual cooker beef and broccoli with flank steak. It’s ultra-tender when thinly sliced throughout the grain (like in these Flank Steak Tacos). The dimensions and texture of the items naturally lend themselves properly to stir fry-style dishes.
- Broccoli. For the most effective texture, use recent versus frozen broccoli (save the frozen for Roasted Frozen Broccoli). Brief on time or feeling additional lazy? Choose up prechopped broccoli florets.
Questioning when so as to add broccoli to a gradual cooker?
- For finest outcomes, wait so as to add the broccoli till the final half-hour of cooking. It will assure that your broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Add it too early, and it’s possible you’ll be left with mushy, watery broccoli as a substitute (no thanks).
No additional steps! The broccoli goes into the crockpot concurrently the cornstarch slurry for the sauce (see above). Because you’ll be popping again over to the gradual cooker anyway, merely deal with each on the identical time.
- Oyster Sauce. Consider oyster sauce as ketchup’s Asian cousin. It offers immediate taste and helps thicken the sauce. You will discover it within the Asian part of your grocery retailer (it’s additionally key to this Pork Fried Rice).
- Honey. Most beef and broccoli recipes you’ll discover name for including copious quantities of sugar. As a result of I wished to make this a wholesome gradual cooker beef and broccoli recipe with out sugar, I changed it with a lesser quantity of all-natural honey as a substitute. (It’s additionally my secret trick to this wholesome Teriyaki Hen Casserole too.)
- Garlic + Pink Pepper Flakes. To maintain everybody awake.
- Soy Sauce. Its salty umami taste is core to this recipe’s steadiness and all-around detectability.
- Place the meat within the gradual cooker. Stir collectively the meat broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, rice vinegar, chili-garlic paste, and garlic. Pour over the meat and stir.
- Prepare dinner crockpot beef and broccoli on LOW for 1 1/2 hours.
- Whisk collectively the water and cornstarch, then stir into the meat. Add the broccoli.
- Cowl, and cook dinner on HIGH for half-hour to thicken the sauce. Serve with rice, and garnish with inexperienced onions and sesame seeds. ENJOY!
As a result of flank steak is pretty lean, I’d not advocate leaving the gradual cooker on low longer than the recipe specifies, or I fear it’d overcook.
In case you have a programmable gradual cooker that switches to maintain heat, this could be an choice, however the only option is to have the ability to test it straight away on the 1 1/2 hour mark.
- To Retailer. Preserve leftovers within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- To Reheat. Heat gently within the microwave or on the stovetop with a splash of beef broth or water to maintain it from drying out.
- To Freeze. Retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 2 months within the freezer. Defrost in a single day within the fridge earlier than warming.
Meal Prep Tip
It could sound like an oxymoron however it is a “quick” gradual cooker recipe. Which means you possibly can prep all the components the night time earlier than, then merely toss them into your gradual cooker and switch it on if you arrive dwelling from work. Beef and broccoli within the gradual cooker prepared in about 2 hours. Woohoo!
Really helpful Instruments to Make this Recipe
- Sluggish Cooker. As a result of timing issues quite a bit on this recipe, a programmable crockpot with a timer shall be your finest good friend for achievement.
- Non-Slip Slicing Board. A helpful instrument no kitchen must be with out.
The Finest Programmable Sluggish Cooker
This 6-quart crockpot has nice programmable options, plus a locking lid for straightforward carrying if transporting meals.
Crockpot beef and broccoli is the weeknight dinner hero we by no means knew we wanted.
Continuously Requested Questions
For those who’d like to do this recipe with rooster as a substitute, head over to my Crockpot Hen and Broccoli recipe.
As talked about within the ingredient rundown above, I like to recommend recent over frozen broccoli. Nevertheless, you can use frozen broccoli on this recipe. Simply know that frozen broccoli will change into fairly mushy within the gradual cooker. If that textural distinction doesn’t hassle you, be at liberty so as to add it. For those who do determine to make use of frozen broccoli, thaw it first, then add it to the gradual cooker as directed.
I’ve not personally tried doubling this recipe. With that being stated, I’m positive it might be completed although. Be aware that the cooking time will doubtless have to be elevated, nonetheless, for the reason that crockpot shall be fuller.
Not like different recipes, the shiny beef and broccoli sauce thickens proper within the gradual cooker with the opposite components, no decreasing in a separate pot on the range is required. As a substitute, combine a cornstarch slurry proper into the gradual cooker over the last half-hour of cooking. It can thicken up and coat each forkful.
- 1 1/2 kilos flank steak reduce throughout grain into skinny slices
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic paste or Sriracha, or 1/2 teaspoon pink pepper flakes, plus extra to style
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic about 2 giant cloves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 cups broccoli florets about 2 small crowns
- Ready brown rice or quinoa for serving
- Chopped inexperienced onions and toasted sesame seeds optionally available for serving
Coat a 4-quart or bigger gradual cooker with nonstick spray. Place the meat within the backside.
In a small bowl, stir collectively the meat broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, rice vinegar, chili-garlic paste, and garlic.
Pour over the meat, then stir to mix. Cowl and cook dinner on LOW for 1 1/2 hours.
In a small bowl, whisk collectively 1/4 cup of water and cornstarch. Stir into the gradual cooker with the meat and sauce, then place the broccoli on high.
Cowl, flip the warmth to HIGH, and cook dinner one other half-hour till the broccoli is tender. Serve heat over rice, sprinkled with inexperienced onions and sesame seeds as desired.
- TO STORE: Preserve leftovers within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- TO REHEAT: Heat gently within the microwave or on the stovetop with a splash of beef broth or water to maintain it from drying out.
- TO FREEZE: Retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 2 months within the freezer. Defrost in a single day within the fridge earlier than warming.
- DOUBLE BATCH: I’ve not tried doubling this recipe, however I believe that you may simply do about 1.5 instances the quantity. Watch the cooking time, as it might have to be adjusted barely.
- COOKING TIP: As a result of flank steak is pretty lean, I’d not advocate leaving the gradual cooker on low longer than the recipe specifies, or I fear it’d overcook. In case you have a programmable gradual cooker that switches to maintain heat, this could be an choice, however the only option is to have the ability to test it straight away on the 1 1/2 hour mark.
Serving: 1(of 4), with out riceEnergy: 405kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 48gFats: 10gSaturated Fats: 4gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 3gLdl cholesterol: 102mgPotassium: 1710mgFiber: 8gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 1843IUVitamin C: 265mgCalcium: 189mgIron: 5mg
Be part of as we speak and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.