Cookie Cake – WellPlated.com
Be nonetheless my coronary heart and lower me the biggest slice of this home made Cookie Cake! This chewy chocolate chip cookie cake is impressed by the mall favourite (shout out, Nice American Cookie Co.!), however tastes so significantly better than retailer purchased.
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save lots of for later
This iconic dessert has held a pricey place in my coronary heart since childhood, once I begged my mother to purchase me a cookie cake I may convey to highschool on my birthday.
Is cookie cake higher than cake for a birthday? I actually thought so!
(And contemplating what number of instances my pals have requested this beloved big home made cookie cake for their very own birthdays, I’d say there’s settlement.)
Plus, the youngsters who introduced the Nice American chocolate chip cookie desserts to highschool had been the coolest.
5 Star Evaluate
“Made this cake for a buddy and she or he beloved it! There was simply sufficient chocolate frosting and all the flavors got here collectively properly.”
— Ana —
The whole lot You Must Know About Cookie Cake
My inspiration for this home made cookie cake is the unique Nice American Cookie Firm recipe.
I nonetheless adore cookie cake as a lot as ever, however now I want to make it myself for just a few causes:
- Easy Substances. It is a recipe for actual, home made chocolate chip cookie cake from scratch, no cake combine or canned frosting to be discovered.
- THICK. I wished this to be a cookie cake. Whereas retailer purchased cookie desserts are skinny, which doesn’t really feel very celebratory, this one stands tall and proud.
- Sturdy AND Chewy. You may choose up a slice to snarf together with your fingers, however it’s nonetheless tender and melts in your mouth.
- Much less Costly. A store-bought cookie cake from Nice American begins at $37. Make it from scratch for a fraction of the price, with substances you have already got.
- Customizable. Why be restricted to a premade Nice American Cookie cake, or your typical grocery retailer cookie cake? With this home made big cookie, you may add your personal mix-ins and beautify anyway you want.
- Approach Higher Frosting. Neglect that sickeningly candy retailer frosting. This fudgy frosting is creamy and wealthy, however gained’t offer you a toothache.
The Finest Pan for Cookie Cake
You may bake cookie cake in a 9-inch pie dish, 9-inch spherical cake pan, or my favourite, a 9- or 10 inch springform pan. The perimeters of the pan are detachable so that you don’t want to fret in regards to the cookie cake sticking.
Whereas you should buy cookie cake pans on-line, they aren’t obligatory for an amazing home made cookie cake.
Find out how to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake from Scratch
This big cookie is melt-in-your-mouth comfortable on the heart, calmly crispy on the edges, and superbly buttery all through.
Making this big cookie cake recipe will really feel just like making common cookie dough, however you bake it in a single pan as an alternative.
- Flour. I used half all-purpose flour and half white entire wheat flour on this recipe. In the event you don’t have white entire wheat flour in your pantry, be happy to make use of solely all-purpose flour on this recipe.
- Nutmeg. A pinch of nutmeg is my secret ingredient to this cake’s additional particular taste.
- Egg + Egg Yolk. The binding agent that holds our big cookie collectively. I added one additional yolk to offer the cookie simply the correct amount of richness.
- Milk. You should utilize any milk you will have readily available, however the larger the fats content material, the creamier the outcomes. I used entire milk, and it was good.
- Pure Vanilla Extract. A MUST in cookie cake recipes.
- Chocolate Chips. In the event you’re a fan of chocolate, this chocolate chip cookie cake recipe is ideal for you. This cake has extra chips than you’d dare name acceptable, and also you’ll love each single chunk. A cookie cake is a cookie in any case.
- Frosting. Whereas it’s elective, I assure that you just gained’t be upset with a frosted cookie cake. You may pipe the frosting or unfold it with an offset spatula.
- Whisk collectively the dry substances.
- With an electrical mixer, beat collectively the butter and sugar. Subsequent, beat within the egg and egg YOLK. Stir within the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
- Press the cookie cake batter into the pan. Bake home made cookie cake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 levels F.
- Place frosting in a piping bag and frost as desired. ENJOY!
It’s your birthday. Do it your approach! Whereas I take pleasure in a traditional chocolate chip cookie cake, add or swap in different candy mix-ins of your selection.
- Chopped Peanut Butter Cups or Peanut Butter Chips
- Diced Snickers Bars
- Mini M&M’s
- Chopped Nuts
- Butterscotch Chips
- Sprinkles (good for a funfetti or sugar cookie cake)
- To Retailer. Cowl and retailer leftover cookie cake at room temperature for as much as 3 days.
- To Freeze. Retailer the baked cookie (frosted or unfrosted) within the freezer for as much as 2 months.
Meal Prep Tip
Put together your cookie dough forward of time, and retailer it within the fridge for as much as 3 days or freeze it for as much as 3 months.
- Baking Spray. That is important for a cookie that doesn’t stick.
- Stand Mixer. One in all my most beloved and helpful kitchen home equipment.
- Springform Pan. Good for making this big cookie.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know what you thought!
Go away a score beneath within the feedback and let me understand how you favored the recipe.
I can let you know that I’ve undoubtedly not hit the age the place I’m too previous to bake myself an enormous chocolate chip birthday cookie cake, and I hope I by no means do!
Whether or not you’re celebrating an important day or are merely within the temper for an enormous chocolate chip cookie (I don’t blame you), this delicious recipe will make any day really feel a bit extra particular.
It by no means fails to wow the gang and leaves everybody with a smile.
Continuously Requested Questions
Each cookie cake and common cake are desserts meant to be loved, and one isn’t essentially more healthy than the opposite. All issues carefully! As a result of this chewy cookie is wealthy, you may take pleasure in a small slice and really feel happy.
I’m keen on the chocolate fudge frosting on this recipe, however you may swap buttercream or any frosting you like.
I believe the strawberry cream cheese frosting from this Strawberry Cake recipe could be tasty. For a enjoyable, boozy cookie cake, attempt the Guinness frosting from my Guinness Brownies recipe. Word: In the event you use both of those frosting recipes, leftovers will have to be refrigerated.
The mall cookie cake was the concept of Michael Coles and Arthur Karp, two enterprise males who had been impressed by a well-liked cookie retailer in San Diego. They based Nice American Cookies, utilizing Coles’ grandmother’s chocolate chip cookie recipe, and opened their first retailer in an Atlanta mall in 1977.
For the Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake:
Chocolate Fudge Frosting (elective):
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons entire milk*
- 1/2 teaspoon on the spot espresso powder elective—it should intensify the chocolate taste with out making the frosting style like espresso
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt to style
For the Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk collectively the all-purpose flour, entire wheat flour, baking soda, and nutmeg.
Within the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a big mixing bowl with a hand mixer, beat collectively the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and the salt on medium velocity till easy, about 3 minutes. Add the entire egg, beating for 1 minute and stopping to scrape down the bowl earlier than including the egg yolk. Beat for one more minute and scrape down the bowl once more. Beat within the milk and vanilla.
Cut back the mixer velocity to low, then slowly add the dry substances, mixing simply till the dough comes collectively and the flour has disappeared. Add the chocolate chips on low velocity, ending with just a few stirs by hand as wanted.
Lay two giant sheets of plastic wrap down on the counter in order that the lengthy sides overlap barely and you’ve got one giant, broad sheet. Scrape the dough into the middle, then unfold it right into a thick disk. Fold the sides of the plastic up and across the dough to wrap it fully. Refrigerate for not less than 1 hour or as much as 3 days.
When able to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F (if utilizing a transparent glass dish, scale back temperature to 325°F). Generously coat a 9-inch springform pan, 9-inch pie dish, or 9-inch cake pan with baking spray. Press the dough into the pan in an excellent layer. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, till the highest is calmly golden brown and a toothpick inserted within the heart comes out clear. Examine on the 15-minute mark—if the cookie cake is browning too rapidly on the edges, loosely tent it with foil. Take away from the oven and place the pan on a wire rack to chill fully.
In the meantime, make the Chocolate Fudge Frosting (elective): Sift the powdered sugar and cocoa powder collectively right into a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the butter on medium velocity till gentle, easy, and creamy, about 2 minutes. Cut back the mixer velocity to low, then add half of the powdered sugar and cocoa combination. Add all the milk, espresso powder, and vanilla. Beat to mix, then add the remainder of the dry substances and beat for two minutes till properly mixed. Style and add a pinch of salt if the frosting appears too candy.
Frost and serve: As soon as the cookie cake has cooled, run a pointy knife across the edges to loosen it, then switch it to a serving dish (it’s also possible to serve it instantly from the pan). If desired, beautify with the chocolate frosting.
- *You should utilize any milk for the frosting and cookie you want. I want one thing with some fats in it (equivalent to entire milk, cream, or half and half) as a result of it’s a small quantity and leads to a richer, creamier frosting.
- TO MAKE AHEAD: Put together your cookie dough forward of time, and retailer it within the fridge for as much as 3 days or freeze it for as much as 3 months.
- TO STORE: Cowl and retailer leftovers at room temperature for as much as 3 days.
- TO FREEZE: Retailer the baked cookie (frosted or unfrosted) within the freezer for as much as 2 months.
Serving: 1(of 12), with out frostingEnergy: 335kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 4gFats: 17gSaturated Fats: 10gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 5gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 40mgPotassium: 181mgFiber: 3gSugar: 23gVitamin A: 324IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 33mgIron: 2mg
Be part of right this moment and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite recipes and entry FREE meal plans.