Heat oven-fried crispy coconut hen strips over a mattress of child greens, cucumber, tomato, and shredded carrots topped with a heat honey mustard French dressing – the proper mixture of salty and candy and cold and warm.
Coconut Hen Salad with Honey Mustard French dressing
I’m undecided what it’s about spring – perhaps the considered having to get into a showering swimsuit in just some months, or maybe it’s simply the sunshine that switches my mind from wanting fewer soups and stews and extra massive entree salads. This Coconut Hen Salad has loads of protein to maintain me glad, and the heat of the hen doesn’t go away me feeling like I’m lacking one thing. It’s good for lunch or dinner. Extra of my favourite heat hen salads are this BBQ Hen Salad and Grilled Romaine, Corn, and Hen Salad with Salsa Dressing.
The way to Make Coconut Hen
Hen tenders for dinner are by no means a foul thought. Right here they’re coated in panko, crushed corn flakes and shredded coconut. Served over an enormous salad, and a heat honey mustard dressing.
- Prep: Put the egg whites in a single shallow bowl and the coconut, panko, cornflakes, and salt in one other.
- Coat: Flippantly season the hen with salt, dip within the egg whites, and canopy it with the cornflake combination.
- Bake: Place the hen on a parchment-lined baking sheet, spray with olive oil, and bake for half-hour at 375 levels, turning midway.
Honey Mustard French dressing Components
This heat honey mustard French dressing is tremendous easy to make. In addition to honey and Dijon mustard, you’ll simply want white wine vinegar and olive oil. Whisk the elements collectively and warmth within the microwave.
- Protein: If you happen to don’t have hen tenders, purchase a pack of boneless, skinless hen breasts and minimize them into strips. If you happen to don’t wish to use hen, swap it for coconut shrimp or fish sticks, like cod or flounder, minimize into strips.
- Air Fryer: You may also cook dinner this hen tenders within the air fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 400 levels and cook dinner the strips for 5 to 6 minutes on either side.
- Cornflakes: I feel the cornflake crumbs give the hen a pleasant, crispy texture, however should you don’t wish to purchase an entire field for this recipe, you may double the panko or use corn Chex or unseasoned breadcrumbs.
- Gluten-Free Coconut Hen: Use gluten-free panko and cornflakes. Not all manufacturers of cornflakes are gluten-free, so double examine the package deal.
- Coconut: If you happen to don’t have sweetened coconut, unsweetened will work.
- Eggs: If you happen to’re allergic to eggs, coat the hen in Dijon or mayonnaise to get the crumbs to stay.
- Vinegar: If you happen to don’t have white wine vinegar, sub it with apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.
- Salad Components: You should utilize any salad elements that you’ve readily available. Use kale or arugula as the bottom, and add fruits and veggies, like avocado, mango, or bell pepper.
Extra Hen Salad Recipes You’ll Love:
Coconut Hen Salad with Heat Honey Mustard French dressing
Heat oven-fried coconut hen tenders over a mattress of child greens, cucumber, tomato, shredded carrots topped with a sizzling honey mustard French dressing.
- 6 hen tenderloins, (about 12 oz)
- 6 tbsp shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs, or GF panko
- 2 tbsp corn flake crumbs, crushed
- 1/3 cup egg whites, crushed
- pinch salt
- olive oil spray
- 6 cups blended child greens
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 massive tomato, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
For the French dressing:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp white vinegar, balsamic would work too
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
Whisk all French dressing elements; put aside.
Preheat oven to 375F.
Mix coconut flakes, panko, cornflake crumbs and salt in a bowl.
Put egg whites or egg beaters in one other bowl.
Flippantly season hen with salt. Dip the hen within the egg, then within the coconut crumb combination.
Place hen on a cookie sheet lined with parchment for straightforward cleanup. Flippantly spray with olive oil spray and bake for 25 to half-hour turning midway, or till hen is cooked by way of.
Place 2 cups child greens on every plate. Divide carrots, cucumber, tomato evenly between every plate.
When hen is prepared slice on the diagonal and place on high of greens.
Warmth dressing within the microwave just a few seconds and divide equally between every salad; a little bit over 1 tbsp every.
Air Fryer Instructions: Air Fry in a single layer 400F levels 5 to six minutes on either side.
Serving: 1salad with 2 hen tenders, Energy: 397kcal, Carbohydrates: 32.5g, Protein: 27g, Fats: 11g, Fiber: 4.5g, Sugar: 10g
WW Factors Plus: 8
Key phrases: Coconut Hen, coconut hen recipe, Coconut Hen Salad, crispy coconut hen, crispy coconut hen strips