Incorporate chia seed water into your routine, and also you’ll be feeling pretty much as good as ever! Not solely are there quite a lot of well being advantages tied to it, but it surely’ll make consuming your each day water a bit extra thrilling once more.
The Many Advantages of Chia Seed Water
I usually speak in regards to the advantages of chia seeds, and the way they will simply be built-in into your every single day routine. From chia seed pudding to snackable power balls, these little seeds are a sneaky solution to give your meals (and drinks) a wholesome increase. And sure, that features a common glass of water! This can be a recipe I all the time take into account after I’m touring. However it’s additionally a very good reminder to toss in some chia seeds and lemon to your each day water consumption. Right here’s just a few the explanation why this combo is so good.
- It’s nice for digestion. Not solely are chia seeds loaded with fiber, however lemon is an acidic ingredient that helps to interrupt down meals as properly. Which makes this a mighty combo in terms of a wholesome bowel system and straightforward digestion.
- It helps to maintain you properly satiated. Chia seeds are an ideal supply of wholesome fat, which can preserve you subtly full in between meals.
- Retains you fortunately hydrated. Most significantly, it will assist to maintain you hydrated with how refreshing it’s because of the recent squeeze of lemon juice! However preserve studying to see the various methods you may taste chia seed water – in a wholesome method.
What’s In Chia Seed Water?
All you actually need for this recipe are chia seeds, water, and recent lemon juice. I really like these chia seeds, however any model will work.
Trying so as to add extra taste to chia seed water? You possibly can combine in chia seeds with any of those agua fresca recipes for a refreshing, fruity, and hydrating drink! Alternatively, you may add slices of recent fruits and veggies (resembling oranges, strawberries, or cucumbers) to make fruit infused waters.
Discover the printable recipe with measurements beneath.
How To Make Chia Seed Water
To verify I’m properly outfitted with water for the day, I’m utilizing a 32oz (quart) sized mason jar. That is the proper dimension that leaves a little bit little bit of house for shaking up the chia seeds. However you need to use any cup or jar, and provides it a stir with a spoon or straw. Right here’s methods to make it.
- Make lemon juice. Juice half of the lemon (about 1 ½ tablespoons of juice) and slice the opposite half.
- Combine every little thing up. In a jar or cup, combine the water, chia seeds, lemon juice, and lemon slices. Then let it sit for quarter-hour to permit the seeds to gel and plump up.
Facet word – you’ll discover that the seeds will separate to the highest and backside. However don’t fear, as you give them time to gel up, they may slowly all begin to float collectively. Simply make certain to provide it a very good shake or stir earlier than consuming.
How Lengthy Does Chia Seed Water Final?
It’s straightforward to make chia seed water on the spot. However if you wish to do some prep work, it may be refrigerated for as much as 5 days in a sealed container. Simply give it a shake or stir earlier than consuming.
Extra Methods To Use Chia Seeds
A bag of chia seeds goes a great distance in so many recipes. Right here’s only a few concepts on methods to get inventive with them.
It’s time to hop on the chia seed water bandwagon! When you make it, let me know what you suppose in a remark beneath.
Chia Seed Water
Add this chia seed water into your routine, and you will be feeling pretty much as good as ever with its many well being advantages and refreshing taste!
Juice half of the lemon (about 1 ½ tablespoons of juice) and slice the opposite half.
In a mason jar or different consuming jar, combine the water, chia seeds, lemon juice, and lemon slices. If the jar has a lid, simply give it a very good shake. Let it sit for quarter-hour, to permit the seeds to gel and plump up, then take pleasure in!
- Don’t neglect to provide the jar a shake or stir earlier than every sip, because the chia seeds will naturally fall to the underside. I feel it’s best to drink with this glass straw, and you’ll simply stir with the straw between sips.
Energy: 90kcal, Carbohydrates: 15g, Protein: 3g, Fats: 4g, Saturated Fats: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g, Monounsaturated Fats: 1g, Trans Fats: 1g, Sodium: 40mg, Potassium: 198mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 30IU, Vitamin C: 57mg, Calcium: 125mg, Iron: 2mg
©Downshiftology. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.