Cervélo introduced Thursday that stems on a variety of highway bikes might enable the handlebar to slide on the really helpful torque.
On Sept. 15, Cervélo USA recalled a number of R5 and Caledonia-5 highway bikes and framesets over a torque drawback on the stem. The model’s ST31 LT alternative stem can be affected.
The recall comes from the stem faceplate, which might enable the handlebar to slide on the producer’s really helpful stem bolt torque degree—an elevated fall hazard outcomes. Cervélo has acquired 13 stories of the problem as of this writing, and one has resulted in an harm, based on the U.S. Shopper Product Security Fee (CPSC).
Cervélo sellers nationwide bought the bicycles and alternative stems from Could 2021 by way of July 2022 for between $5,000 and $13,000 for the bikes and about $300 for the stems. The recall impacts roughly 1,800 bikes and 182 stems, the CPSC mentioned, and one other roughly 243 bikes bought in Canada.
Affected bikes, framesets, and what to do
- R5 Dura Ace Di2 — 5 Black
- R5 Purple eTap AXS — 5 Black
- R5 Pressure eTap AXS — Lime/Black
- R5 Pressure eTap AXS — 5 Black
- R5 Ultegra Di2 — Lime/Black
- R5 Ultegra Di2 — 5 Black
- R5 Frameset — 5 Black
- R5 Frameset —Lime/Black
- R5 Frameset — Jumbo-Visma Reproduction
- Caledonia-5 Dura Ace Di2 — Oasis
- Caledonia-5 Purple eTap AXS — 5 Black
- Caledonia-5 Frameset — 5 Black
- Caledonia-5 Frameset — Aqua Pearl
- Caledonia-5 Frameset — Oasis
- ST31 LT Alternative Stem — Black
If in case you have one of many two recalled fashions or the alternative stem, it is best to cease driving instantly and speak to a licensed Cervélo vendor, the CPSC suggested. The vendor will prepare for a free restore to exchange the faceplate.
Alternatively, you possibly can fill out a web based type in the event you fall underneath particular standards per Cervélo.