For years now EVS and Cisco have been partnering collectively, pioneering modern applied sciences that energy the infrastructure wanted for IP primarily based LIVE manufacturing, and accelerating the transfer from conventional SDI broadcast to IP broadcast across the globe. Transitioning to IP opens the door to new capabilities and gives the scalability, flexibility, and futureproofing wanted for media workflow operations.
Final 12 months, at NAB (Nationwide Affiliation of Broadcasters) 2022, we launched Cisco’s Nexus Dashboard Material Controller (NDFC), previously Cisco Information Middle Community Supervisor (DCNM), as a brand new option to handle IP primarily based Media Materials. Cisco NDFC is a complete SDN resolution that permits the provisioning and administration of community infrastructure throughout a number of areas at scale.
EVS Cerebrum is a well-established broadcast management system utilized by a number of the world’s largest broadcasters to handle complicated dwell productions and media workflows.
The mixing of EVS Cerebrum and Cisco NDFC not solely simplifies administration of IP-based manufacturing workflows and community infrastructure for media, but additionally supplies deep visibility and monitoring capabilities enabling operators to simply determine and troubleshoot points successfully.
Cisco NDFC runs as a service on high of the Nexus Dashboard (ND) cluster that may be both a bodily or digital equipment and supplies simplified and enhanced end-end cloth automation capabilities in addition to monitoring and visibility for Cisco IP Material for Media (IPFM) deployments. Cisco NDFC embraces a whole Kubernetes-based micro-services structure making it straightforward to horizontally scale and construct giant materials that assist enhance efficiency and reliability. It additionally helps an active-active HA mannequin with layer2 and layer3 reachability for 3-node clusters and supplies a uniform and enhanced person expertise all through its modernized, color-coded UI and dashboards.
Key highlights of Cisco IPFM resolution with NDFC
- Straightforward Material builder – Helps pre–configured coverage templates that comply with trade’s greatest practices, to construct your Cisco IPFM underlay and Non–Blocking Multicast (NBM) community in minutes. This considerably reduces the time to provision a Cisco IPFM community. This additionally ensures the community is all the time compliant with the configuration primarily based on the person’s intent.
- Function Primarily based Entry Management – Permits the project of various roles to totally different customers, per cloth, for a granular coverage deployment.
- Multi-Tenancy – Lets you logically isolate prospects or consolidate a number of NBM lively and passive (bandwidth conscious NBM) workflows on the identical cloth with VRF assist.
- Multicast NAT – Cisco NDFC permits step-by-step Multicast NAT configuration. It may assist configuration templates for Ingress and Egress Multicast NAT, Unicast to Multicast and Multicast to Unicast translations. Along with configuration, Cisco NDFC supplies full visibility of pre- and post- NAT flows, in each tabular and topology views.
- PTP Monitoring with modernized views – Together with PTP visibility in a tabular view, Cisco NDFC supplies a color-coded topology view of the PTP information that features port standing and grand chief clock standing.
What’s New for Cisco IPFM with NDFC 12.1(2)
- Elevated Change Scale Assist for Cisco IPFM materials – From Launch 12.1(2), you may uncover and handle as much as 120 switches in your Cisco IPFM cloth, with capabilities to watch PTP and RTP stream monitoring at this scale.
- Co-existence of IPFM and Basic LAN primarily based materials – Customers can now handle their Cisco information heart deployment with Basic LAN templates and Cisco IPFM deployment with IPFM templates utilizing the identical occasion of Cisco NDFC.
- 3-tier structure for Cisco IPFM materials with NBM – Along with conventional backbone leaf templates that Cisco NDFC was managing for IPFM deployments, we’ve added assist for 3-tier Cisco IPFM structure. Customers can provision and handle a sub-leaf linked to an present leaf within the Cisco IPFM cloth, permitting materials to scale comfy with out the necessity to redesign present deployments.
For extra particulars, take a look at the “What’s New in Cisco NDFC Launch 12.1.2e video”
EVS Cerebrum and Cisco NDFC Integration Highlights
- EVS efficiently migrated from Cisco DCNM to Cisco NDFC utilizing simplified backup restore migration workflow and Cisco NDFC Relaxation-API’s.
- EVS is leveraging NBM lively mode and NBM host and stream insurance policies to handle dynamic bandwidth allocation for audio, video, and ancillary flows. This integration supplies tighter management of the multicast streams as they steer intent and insurance policies from Cerebrum.
- Offloading the administration of the community to Cisco NDFC allows EVS to increase assist for versatile, scaled, and distributed IP-based architectures with ease.
- EVS is supporting connectivity to each RED and BLUE NDFC for Excessive Availability (ST 2022-7) designs, deployed in 24/7 services.
- EVS is at present within the technique of integrating Multicast NAT capabilities with Cisco NDFC.
EVS Cerebrum Capabilities
Along with its superior automation capabilities to handle a variety of broadcast operations, Cerebrum is “stream agnostic,” which means it may well assist SMPTE ST-2110 environments in addition to transport streams, comparable to Dante and different IP flows.
Cerebrum assist for NMOS requirements ensures interoperability between totally different IP-based units and techniques and simplifies integration of NMOS-compliant units into present infrastructure together with native non-NMOS units. This streamlines broadcasters’ migration expertise via gradual transfer to IP. Try their various assortment of drivers right here.
Because the system is very customizable, it may well create customized person roles and permissions to fulfill the precise wants of every broadcaster, whether or not person interfaces for bodily purchasers or net interfaces for distant purchasers.
Meet with us at NAB Present 2023
As the published and media trade continues to evolve, bringing collectively two highly effective instruments for managing IP-based LIVE manufacturing, EVS Cerebrum and Cisco’s NDFC, is a serious step in enabling broadcasters and media corporations to ship high-quality content material effectively and successfully.
Study extra about these options and see extra Sports activities, Media, and Leisure Options from Cisco
Go to us at NAB Present 2023 April 15-19 on the Las Vegas Conference Middle within the West Corridor, sales space #W3742
We’d love to listen to what you suppose. Ask a Query, Remark Beneath, and Keep Related with #CiscoPartners on social!