In line with my life’s legacy of tardiness, I arrived at riced cauliflower years not on time. Higher late than by no means, particularly with regards to Cauliflower Fried Rice!
A low-carb, veggie-packed substitute for normal rice, cauliflower “rice” is a one-time pattern turned standby.
You’ll discover it on many restaurant menus, at grocery shops, and in house kitchens, together with my very own.
For those who’ve someway but to be acquainted, cauliflower rice is a low-carb swap for normal rice. It’s made solely of cauliflower, so it’s grain-free too.
- Most frequently, I combine cauliflower rice 50/50 with brown rice to go together with common stir fry recipes (like Teriyaki Beef Stir Fry).
- Given the full-on fried rice remedy like on this recipe, nevertheless (that’s bulked up with veggies, scrambled eggs, and several other good dashes of soy sauce and sesame oil), cauliflower rice can go from facet kick to filling major occasion.
Because of its velocity, supreme tastiness, and talent to flex to no matter is lingering in our fridge, fried rice is on the menu virtually weekly right here: Home made Fried Rice, Hen Fried Rice, Pork Fried Rice—we love ‘em all.
Whenever you wish to pack in probably the most servings of veg, nevertheless, cauliflower fried rice is the one.
I can’t think about a greater approach to devour a mass quantity of greens, with out really feeling like I’m doing so.
5 Star Evaluate
“This was really easy to make and so scrumptious! My household couldn’t imagine how tasty it was.”
— Amelia —
The best way to Make the Greatest Cauliflower Fried Rice
Cooked correctly, cauliflower makes nice fried rice.
The 2 style fairly comparable and like common rice, cauliflower fried rice:
- Is sticky and fluffy.
- Is adept at absorbing daring Asian flavors.
- Tastes comforting, a feat I didn’t suppose was potential till I attempted it myself.
The important thing to the perfect cauliflower fried rice is to maintain it from turning soggy.
- Use excessive warmth, so the cauliflower warms shortly earlier than turning mushy.
- Solely cook dinner it for 1 to 2 minutes (left on the warmth too lengthy, cauliflower rice will steam and switch very tender, giving it a soggy style).
- Add it final. In contrast to conventional fried rice, you stir fry the entire different substances first, then incorporate the cauliflower rice on the very finish so it doesn’t flip soggy.
The best way to Make Cauliflower “Rice”
With the assistance of a meals processor, cauliflower rice takes solely takes 5 minutes to prep.
- Wash and dry the pinnacle of cauliflower.
- Lower it into massive items.
- Shred the items utilizing a field grater or meals processor.
Don’t really feel like making cauliflower rice your self? You should buy pre-riced cauliflower from the grocery retailer.
After getting your riced cauliflower, you might be prepared to show it into cauliflower fried rice!
- Cauliflower. The sudden base of our fried rice dish! Cauliflower magically turns into rice-like and soaks up the scrumptious flavors. Bonus: cauliflower is full of fiber and antioxidants and is low carb.
- Eggs. A basic fried rice addition that helps add filling protein to the dish.
- Toasted Sesame Oil. Provides a toasty, nutty taste that makes the fried rice style particular.
- Pineapple. The sweetness of the pineapple pairs addictively with the hit of spicy sriracha and salty soy sauce. Plus, it caramelizes within the skillet into one thing implausible.
- Veggies. I used a mix of bell pepper, carrots, inexperienced onions, and edamame. The bell pepper and carrots add a pleasant crunch, the inexperienced onions add a tasty chew, and the edamame is the right buttery, protein-packed addition.
- Soy Sauce. Seasons the fried rice and provides it that must-have contact of umami.
- Sriracha. The spicy part of this candy and spicy fried rice. This dish solely has a gentle kick, however you possibly can add extra to take issues up a notch.
- Make the cauliflower rice (or buy recent riced cauliflower).
- Scramble the eggs.
- Cook dinner the pineapple, bell pepper, and carrots.
- Add the edamame, inexperienced onions, and garlic.
- Stir within the riced cauliflower. Add the eggs, soy sauce, Sriracha, and remaining sesame oil. DIG IN!
- To Retailer. Refrigerate cauliflower rice in an hermetic storage container for as much as 3 days.
- To Reheat. Gently rewarm leftovers in a skillet on the stovetop over medium-low warmth or within the microwave.
- To Freeze. Freeze cauliflower rice in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating. The feel of the rice might be a lot softer when thawed.
Meal Prep Tip
Rice the cauliflower as much as 3 days prematurely. Refrigerate it till you’re prepared to complete the recipe. You may as well chop the carrots, bell pepper, inexperienced onions, and garlic as much as 1 day prematurely.
Advisable Instruments to Make this Recipe
The Greatest Meals Processor
I’ve owned and liked this meals processor for years. It really works like a dream and has a number of blade choices to strive.
Rice, rice child…
Regularly Requested Questions
Frozen rice cauliflower is an excellent, time-saving useful resource if you end up utilizing it as a facet for different stir fry recipes, the place the feel isn’t as vital. I don’t, nevertheless, suggest utilizing frozen cauliflower rice to make fried rice, as it will likely be soggy as soon as thawed.
For those who solely have frozen veggies available, you possibly can swap them for the recent veggies listed within the recipe. The frozen greens will launch some extra liquid throughout cooking, nevertheless, so it’s possible you’ll want to empty the skillet earlier than including your cauliflower rice. In any other case, the dish could find yourself soggy.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 3 massive eggs
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil or canola oil plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 cups pineapple tidbits from one 20-ounce can or diced recent pineapple, drained if canned
- 1 massive bell pepper cored and diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 medium carrots peeled and diced (or substitute every other veggie you take pleasure in)
- 3 inexperienced onions sliced, plus extra for serving
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or tamari to make gluten free
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce or garlic chili paste additionally known as sambal oelek, plus extra to style*
Prep the cauliflower: Lower into massive items, then shred with the big facet of a field grater. For faster grating, place lower florets in a big meals processor, then pulse till the cauliflower resembles small grains of rice. Put aside.
In a small bowl, scramble the eggs with 1/4 teaspoon salt. In a big, non-stick skillet, warmth 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil. As soon as the oil is scorching and glossy, add the eggs and cook dinner, stirring often, till barely set. Switch to a big, clear bowl and toss with 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
Fastidiously wipe the skillet clear, then warmth the remaining 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil over medium excessive. Add the pineapple, bell pepper, and carrots. Cook dinner, stirring always, till the juices have evaporated and the pineapple is evenly caramelized, 8-10 minutes.
Stir within the edamame, inexperienced onions, and garlic and cook dinner till aromatic, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Add the cauliflower to the skillet. Cook dinner till the cauliflower is scorching however not mushy, 1-2 minutes. Stir within the eggs, soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, and remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Serve heat, topped with cilantro and inexperienced onions.
- *I stored the spiciness degree of the recipe as written pretty delicate, so be happy so as to add further chili sauce if you want.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate cauliflower rice in an hermetic storage container for as much as 3 days.
- TO REHEAT: Gently rewarm leftovers in a skillet on the stovetop over medium-low warmth or within the microwave.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze cauliflower rice in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating. The feel of the rice could change a bit as soon as thawed, however it can nonetheless be tasty.
Serving: 1(of 4)Energy: 230kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 11gFats: 10gSaturated Fats: 2gPolyunsaturated Fats: 5gMonounsaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 123mgPotassium: 896mgFiber: 7gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 6698IUVitamin C: 168mgCalcium: 98mgIron: 2mg
Be part of at present and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.