It’s all the time time to share straightforward, scrumptious 30-minute meals and this unimaginable pineapple hen stir fry is a type of meals. As you recognize, I all the time goal to deliver you loads of nourishing, veggie and protein-packed meals that you just and the entire household can be ok with.
This pineapple broccoli hen stir fry comes collectively tremendous rapidly and is filled with a rainbow of veggies. Pineapple provides a burst of sweetness in each chunk paired with savory hen and crisp greens like broccoli and bell pepper.
Plus, you’re going to go loopy for the flavorful sauce that jogs my memory of the candy and bitter hen we used to get for takeout rising up. It’s barely tangy with hints of sweetness from honey and a bit of brown sugar. You’re going to LOVE it.
Searching for extra 30-minute meals?
Enter your electronic mail beneath to get my FREE e-book with our greatest 30-minute dinners straight to your inbox!
Skip your weekly takeout and provides this stir fry recipe a attempt. Pair it together with your favourite grains (would possibly I recommend my coconut rice?!) You’ll severely make it time and again!
Substances on this pineapple hen stir fry
This unimaginable pineapple broccoli hen stir fry is filled with rainbow veggies, loads of protein and an addicting sauce that can remind you of candy and bitter hen. Right here’s the whole lot you’ll have to make it:
- For the sauce: to get these great candy and tangy flavors you’ll want low sodium soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar (or coconut sugar), honey, garlic, ginger and a few arrowroot or cornstarch. Be happy to whisk in some sesame seeds if you happen to’d like!
- For the stir fry: we’re cooking up hen, pink bell pepper, pink onion, broccoli and contemporary pineapple (no canned pineapple chunks right here!)
- To serve: I like to recommend serving this stir fry with rice (my coconut rice can be good), quinoa and even cauliflower rice for a full meal. I additionally wish to garnish it with inexperienced onion!
Don’t neglect these pineapple suggestions
In case you’re utilizing contemporary pineapple, make sure you take a look at our greatest suggestions & methods for slicing a pineapple right here! You’ll need good, even chunks of pineapple within the stir fry. Be happy to make use of frozen pineapple as nicely.
Make this stir fry your personal
Trying to customise this candy and bitter hen stir fry? Right here’s what I can suggest:
- Select your produce: I believe inexperienced beans, zucchini, or snap peas would even be scrumptious. Out of pineapple? Attempt mango!
- Attempt a brand new protein: I used boneless skinless hen breast however you possibly can additionally use hen thighs, floor hen, and even shrimp or salmon!
- Make it vegetarian: merely swap the hen for tofu or chickpeas.
- Add a kick of warmth: attempt including a bit of cayenne pepper to the sauce or high your bowl with some pink pepper flakes.
Candy and bitter hen stir fry in half-hour
That’s proper, this unimaginable stir fry recipe comes collectively in only a half-hour and makes one of the best meal prep dinner!
- Make the sauce. Begin by whisking collectively all the components for the sauce till it’s nicely mixed.
- Prepare dinner the hen. Add some toasted sesame oil to a giant skillet and cook dinner the cubed hen fully. Then set it apart.
- Prepare dinner the veggies. Subsequent, add all the veggies to your pan and cook dinner them till the broccoli is barely tender however nonetheless crisp.
- Stir fry it collectively. Add the hen again to the pan with the pineapple, then pour within the sauce and simmer the whole lot collectively for a couple of minutes. Serve it up together with your fav grains!
Retailer it for later
Retailer any leftover stir fry in an hermetic container for as much as 3-4 days. Merely reheat in a microwave secure dish.
The proper meal prep dinner
Simply meal prep this pineapple broccoli hen stir fry for the week by including 1/4 of the stir fry (hen + veggies within the sauce) with about 1 cup of your favourite grain to a glass meal prep containers. This recipe will make 4 servings, which is ideal for weekday lunches! Merely reheat within the microwave earlier than having fun with.
Extra 30 minute meals you’ll love
Get all of our scrumptious 30 minute meals right here!
I hope you’re keen on this candy and bitter pineapple broccoli hen stir fry! In case you make it make sure you go away a remark and a ranking so I understand how you appreciated it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Candy and Bitter Pineapple Broccoli Hen Stir Fry
Fantastic pineapple broccoli hen stir fry with a flavorful candy and bitter sauce. This straightforward pineapple hen stir fry recipe takes simply half-hour to make for one of the best, protein-packed weeknight dinner! Serve with rice or quinoa for a tremendous meal.
- For the sauce:
low sodium soy sauce
rice wine vinegar
brown sugar (or sub coconut sugar)
freshly grated ginger
arrowroot starch (or cornstarch)
- For the stir fry:
toasted or common sesame oil, divided
boneless skinless hen breast, diced into ½ inch chunks
giant pink bell pepper, chopped into giant chunks
small pink onion, chopped into giant chunks
head broccoli, reduce into florets (about 4 cups broccoli florets
contemporary or frozen pineapple chunks
- For serving:
- Cooked brown or coconut rice, for serving
- Chopped contemporary scallions, for topping
First make your stir fry sauce: in a medium bowl, whisk collectively the soy sauce, water, rice wine vinegar, honey, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and arrowroot starch (or cornstarch). Put aside.
Add 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil to a deep skillet and place over medium warmth. Add diced hen breast and cook dinner till now not pink, about 5-8 minutes. As soon as cooked, switch meat to a bowl and put aside. Hold the warmth within the pan.
In the identical pan, add the remaining ½ tablespoon sesame oil. Add in bell pepper chunks, onion chunks and broccoli. Prepare dinner, stirring continuously for 5-8 minutes till broccoli is barely tender however nonetheless has a chunk. Stir in pineapple and cooked hen breast. Pour sauce over and convey to a slight simmer then scale back warmth to low and cook dinner for a further 2-4 minutes till sauce begins to thicken.
Serve with brown rice, coconut rice or quinoa for a wholesome dinner. Garnish with scallions. Serves 4.
This recipe can be wonderful with my coconut rice.
If you wish to make vegetarian, I recommend utilizing tofu or chickpeas as a substitute of hen.
Servings: 4 servings
Serving measurement: 1 serving (based mostly on 4, excluding rice)
Saturated fats: 1.2g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats
This put up was initially revealed on September thirteenth, 2021, and republished on April nineteenth, 2023.