Do this Buffalo Salmon with Blue Cheese Slaw for a mouth-watering variation on salmon that Buffalo rooster followers are going to like!
We cherished every part about this Buffalo Salmon with Blue Cheese Slaw! In fact, I’m an enormous fan of grilled salmon, one thing I make all 12 months lengthy on my outside grill or utilizing a stove-top grill pan when it’s too chilly to grill outdoors. And whereas I do have some favourite grilled salmon recipes that I make time and again, I’m at all times serious about the right way to add a brand new twist to salmon cooked on the grill.
So after I received obsessive about Frank’s Crimson Sizzling Sauce (affiliate hyperlink) and Blue Cheese Coleslaw this concept popped into my thoughts, and it was a complete winner! I cherished the best way the spicy buffalo glaze on the salmon was cooled down by the creamy coleslaw, and regardless that some individuals say cheese doesn’t go together with fish, we thought the crumbled blue cheese on high of the salmon was the proper crowning glory.
What elements do you want for this recipe?
Is Buffalo Sauce low in carbs?
One factor that made me get so infatuated with Frank’s Crimson Sizzling Sauce (affiliate hyperlink) is that it has zero carbs. I really like the best way it provides a spicy taste to so many tasty dishes!
How are you going to maintain salmon from sticking to the grill?
I’m not going to lie, cooking fish on the grill is a bit trickier than cooking meat or rooster. To forestall the fish from sticking I preheat the oiled grill to medium excessive, after which proper earlier than I put the fish on the grill I fastidiously oil the grill once more. The strategy I like greatest is to dip a folded paper towel in oil and unfold the oil on the grill grates. However when you’re cautious you may also spray the grill with a non-stick spray like Pam for Grilling (affiliate hyperlink). Having an oily floor on the fish itself may assist stop sticking.
What when you’re not a fan of blue cheese?
In the event you just like the sound of buffalo-glazed salmon however the blue cheese slaw doesn’t sound like your factor, this tasty salmon would even be scrumptious with Spicy Cilantro Peanut Slaw, Spicy Lime Coleslaw, Kalyn’s Low-Carb Coleslaw, or Spicy Mexican Slaw.
Need extra concepts for grilled salmon?
In the event you’re a grilled salmon fan you may also like Maple Glazed Salmon, Salmon with Tomato Olive Relish, Korean Salmon with Dipping Sauce, Salmon Foil Packets with Tomatoes and Olives, or Grilled Salmon Burgers with Caper Mayonnaise.
The best way to make Buffalo Salmon with Blue Cheese Slaw:
(Scroll down for full recipe with dietary data.)
- Preheat clear oiled grill when you let salmon come to room temperature.
- Brush salmon with olive oil, season with Szeged Fish Rub, (affiliate hyperlink) and brush the fish on each side with the Buffalo sauce glaze.
- Spray or brush the recent grill with oil once more (fastidiously!) proper earlier than you set the fish on, then cook dinner salmon on an angle to the grill grates for 2-3 minutes, rotate and cook dinner 2-3 minutes extra.
- Flip salmon to the opposite aspect, brush with remaining glaze, and cook dinner 3-4 minutes extra (till the salmon is barely agency to the contact.)
- Serve salmon over Ridiculously Simple Blue Cheese Coleslaw (or different slaw or salad), sprinkled with some crumbled blue cheese.
- We completely devoured Buffalo-Glazed Grilled Salmon with Blue Cheese Coleslaw once we examined the recipe; hope you take pleasure in it as a lot as we did!
Extra Tasty Recipes with Buffalo Sauce:
- 2 salmon fillets, thawed in a single day within the fridge if frozen
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Szeged Fish Rub (or your favourite model, see notes)
- 2 T crumbled blue cheese (non-compulsory)
Buffalo Glaze Elements:
- 2 T Frank’s Crimson Sizzling Sauce
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 T Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- Begin with a clear grill, brush or spray with oil or grilling spray, then preheat outside grill or stovetop grill pan (affiliate hyperlink) to medium-high warmth.
- Combine collectively Frank’s Crimson Sizzling Sauce (affiliate hyperlink), lemon juice, and sweetener to make the glaze, and have Ridiculously Simple Blue Cheese Coleslaw (or different slaw or salad of your alternative) prepared for serving.
- If utilizing frozen salmon, thaw in a single day within the fridge; then take away from package deal and pat dry with paper towels.
- Brush salmon with olive oil, rub with fish rub, and brush with the glaze, saving some to brush on while you flip the salmon on the grill.
- Proper earlier than you set the salmon on the recent grill, both spray with non-stick grilling spray (very fastidiously; this could trigger flare-ups) or dip a folded paper towel in olive oil and use tongs to unfold the oil on the grill (this technique is most secure and greatest, for my part.) Don’t skip this step or your fish will persist with the grill.
- To cook dinner, lay salmon items at an angle on the grill grates and cook dinner 2-3 minutes (or till you see grill marks; raise up the nook to test at about 2 minutes.)
- Rigorously rotate the fish to get cross-wise grill marks and cook dinner 2-3 minutes extra (once more, lifting the nook of the fish after two minutes to test the grill marks.)
- Rigorously flip fish over, brush with remaining glaze, and cook dinner about 3-4 minutes extra, or till the fish feels barely agency to the contact while you press along with your finger.
- Serve scorching salmon on high of Ridiculously Simple Blue Cheese Coleslaw or different slaw or salad of your alternative, sprinkled with crumbled blue cheese if desired.
The salmon within the photographs is served over Ridiculously Simple Blue Cheese Coleslaw. You possibly can reduce that recipe in half when you don’t need to have leftover slaw, or serve the salmon over one other coleslaw or salad of your alternative.
I’d use Golden Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate hyperlink) for this recipe; use any sweetener of your alternative. I am an enormous fan of Szeged Fish Rub (affiliate hyperlink) and apply it to any kind of fish.
Recipe created by Kalyn.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 546Complete Fats: 35gSaturated Fats: 8gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 24gLdl cholesterol: 151mgSodium: 615mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 53g
Vitamin data is routinely calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Weight loss program / Low-Glycemic Weight loss program / South Seashore Weight loss program Options:
This recipe can be nice for low-carb or Keto food regimen plans. Blue cheese is a restricted meals for South Seashore, however when you use my trick of blending buttermilk with blue cheese dressing to lighten it up (and use a average quantity of blue cheese sprinkled over the fish) I’d eat this for any section of the unique South Seashore Weight loss program.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Seafood Recipes or Grilling for extra tasty concepts like this one.Use the Weight loss program Sort Index to seek out extra recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may also wish to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This buffalo-glazed salmon with blue cheese coleslaw was first posted in 2015. The recipe was final up to date with extra data in 2022.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.