This wholesome Almond Flour Banana Bread is melt-in-your-mouth moist, naturally sweetened, dietary-friendly, and bursting with banana taste. Made in only one bowl, it’s straightforward to whip up anytime a craving strikes.
Regardless of this website’s cache of traditional wholesome banana bread recipes (Oatmeal Banana Bread; Wholesome Banana Bread), mash-up banana bread recipes (Zucchini Banana Bread; Pumpkin Banana Bread), and even gluten-free banana bread recipes (Paleo Banana Bread), almond flour banana bread remains to be a recipe we want.
- It’s tender but substantial, naturally sweetened, and mega-moist.
- The naturally nutty tones of almond flour play superbly with the candy, fruity, and frivolously caramelized notes of the banana.
- The recipe comes collectively in ONE BOWL, and also you don’t even want a mixer.
Mainly, you want a slice. Instantly.
5 Star Assessment
“I’ve been searching for a wholesome almond flour banana bread recipe and this one is it!! It turned out superbly! I’ll undoubtedly be saving this recipe.”
— Tiffany —
What Is Almond Flour?
Almond flour is product of only one ingredient: floor almonds.
You may simply bake with solely almond flour (you don’t want to mix it with different flour varieties).
Almond flour has all of the wholesome qualities that almonds do.
- It’s naturally gluten free,
- excessive in protein,
- and Paleo, Whole30, and keto-friendly.
You may even make your personal almond flour from floor almonds at residence. (See the notes part within the recipe under for specifics.)
The key to baking with almond flour is utilizing it in recipes particularly designed for it.
Can I Swap Almond Flour for All-Objective Flour?
- Briefly, no. The 2 have utterly completely different properties (fats content material, protein content material, presence of gluten, weights, and so on.) that trigger them to behave in another way in baking.
- You can’t use almond flour as a substitute of all-purpose flour and vice versa. Any swap with wheat flour can be an experiment, and it’s best to proceed at your personal threat.
Your finest wager, if you wish to make almond flour bread recipes, is to discover a recipe that has been developed for it. The recipe will take into accounts all of almond flour’s distinctive properties to provide you nice outcomes.
For those who’d like extra tips about baking with almond flour, try my submit for Almond Flour Bread.
Methods to Make the Finest Almond Flour Banana Bread
Right here’s the run-down for this straightforward and wholesome recipe.
I couldn’t resist making this a chocolate chip almond flour banana bread (with a chocolate drizzle as well), however if you’re feeling one thing extra easy, it’s additionally scrumptious with out them.
- Almond Flour. Along with its refined nuttiness and being dietary-friendly, almond flour is full of vitamins like vitamin E and magnesium, similar to almonds.
Retailer your almond flour in a cool, dry place or within the fridge for long-term storage.
- Mashed Ripe Banana. Make certain your bananas are good and spotty, for they’re the first sweetener within the bread. Additionally they make the bread mega moist, and bananas are full of potassium and fiber.
- Maple Syrup. So as to make this a no sugar almond flour banana bread (the refined type), I used maple syrup. The flavour of maple syrup additionally provides a refined, caramelized taste that provides this bread addictive sweetness.
- Canola Oil. How you retain banana bread moist and add richness.
- Vanilla. Provides pleasant taste with out overpowering any of the opposite components.
- Baking Powder + Baking Soda. What you add to the almond flour to make it rise.
- Cinnamon + Nutmeg. Toasty, nutty spices that improve the banana taste and make this bread style like a heat hug.
- Flaxseed Meal. For an additional dietary increase, I swapped out a part of the almond flour for floor flaxseed meal. For those who don’t have flaxseed meal, you need to use the identical quantity of further almond flour as a substitute.
- Chocolate. Melted chocolate drizzled excessive of freshly baked banana bread. Want I say extra?
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl, then add within the remaining moist components.
- Whisk within the baking powder, baking soda, and spices. Add the remaining dry components, stirring simply till integrated.
- Pour the batter right into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper, and easy the highest. Bake almond flour banana bread at 350 levels F for 20 minutes. Loosely cowl the pan with aluminum foil, then bake about 20 minutes extra. Let cool.
- Soften the chocolate chips. Drizzle the combination over the bread. DIG IN!
- To Retailer. Place bread in an hermetic storage container lined with paper towels, and retailer at room temperature for as much as 3 days or within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- To Freeze. Retailer leftover bread in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container within the freezer for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than serving.
Meal Prep Tip
Put together the banana bread as directed. Slice the bread, then lay the slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze till stable. Switch the frozen slices to an hermetic freezer-safe storage container or ziptop bag. This makes the slices straightforward to thaw each time a craving strikes!
As this chocolate banana bread with almond flour proves, you actually can’t have too many banana bread recipes! I can’t wait so that you can strive it too.
Steadily Requested Questions
Be at liberty to toss in no matter mix-ins you get pleasure from! I feel chopped walnuts, pecans, raisins, or shredded coconut can be tasty on this moist almond flour banana bread. You could possibly additionally strive peanut butter chips with a peanut butter drizzle on prime for a delicious peanut butter almond flour banana bread.
As a result of almond flour is dense, grain free, and doesn’t comprise gluten, breads made with almond flour don’t rise very a lot, particularly when in comparison with breads made with wheat flours. Examine to be sure that your leavening brokers (baking soda and baking powder) are lively. Almond flour wants the leavening brokers to realize any rise.
Whereas each are made out of floor almonds, almond flour usually makes use of blanched almonds (almonds with the pores and skin eliminated) whereas almond meal makes use of almonds with the pores and skin on. Typically the 2 phrases are used interchangeably, which is complicated. For those who aren’t positive which one to make use of, almond flour is usually the most secure wager. Almond flour is what I used on this recipe. I haven’t tried almond meal but, however I feel it might work properly (heads up: you’ll see the specks of almond pores and skin within the last loaf).
Sure, it is a dairy-free, gluten-free banana bread recipe as written. For those who want the bread to be dairy free, make sure that your chocolate chips are dairy free (if utilizing).
FOR THE BANANA BREAD:
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana about 4 medium or 3 additional giant
- 3 eggs giant
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil or melted and cooled coconut oil or melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- Pinch floor nutmeg elective
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour not almond meal
- 1/3 cup floor flaxseed meal or a further 1/3 cup almond flour—don’t use entire flaxseeds
FOR THE CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE (elective):
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate of selection
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
Place a rack within the middle of your oven and preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper in order that two reverse sides of the paper overhang like handles. Coat the pan and paper with nonstick spray.
In a big mixing bowl, mash the bananas till very easy (a hand mixer is a pleasant shortcut). Double-check that you’ve 1 1/2 cups and if not, modify accordingly. Whisk within the eggs, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla till easily mixed.
Sprinkle the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt excessive. Whisk to mix. Sprinkle the almond flour and flaxseed excessive. With a rubber spatula, fold the batter, simply till the almond flour and flax disappear.
Scrape the batter into the ready loaf pan and easy the highest. Bake for 20 minutes, then loosely tent the pan with foil. Proceed baking, about 20 to 25 minutes extra, or till a toothpick inserted within the middle of the loaf comes out clear and the loaf could be very darkish golden on the edges and prime. Place the pan on a wire rack and let cool within the pan for 10 minutes, then with the parchment paper “handles” gently elevate the loaf onto the rack to complete cooling utterly earlier than slicing.
For the chocolate drizzle: In a small microwave-safe bowl, place the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Proceed to microwave in 15-second bursts, till the chips are nearly however not utterly melted. Take away from the microwave and stir, letting the residual warmth soften the chocolate the remainder of the way in which. Drizzle over the cooled loaf and let the chocolate set a couple of minutes. Slice and revel in!
- TO STORE: Place bread in an hermetic storage container lined with paper towels, and retailer at room temperature for as much as 3 days or within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- TO FREEZE: Retailer leftover bread in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container within the freezer for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than serving.
- HOW TO MAKE ALMOND FLOUR: Add a barely heaping 2 1/2 cups blanched slivered almonds to a meals processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse them till finely floor. Watch out to not overblend, or it is going to develop into almond butter. Measure, then use as directed.
Serving: 1(of 10) with out chocolate drizzleEnergy: 296kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 9gFats: 22gSaturated Fats: 2gLdl cholesterol: 49mgPotassium: 241mgFiber: 5gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 93IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 108mgIron: 2mg
Be part of right now and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite recipes and entry FREE meal plans.