This air fryer salmon recipe is the key to getting a wholesome dinner on the desk in underneath quarter-hour. It’s further moist with a beautiful outer crust, and the spiced Dijon mustard topping makes it style like one million bucks.
Whereas I really like my baked salmon or pan seared salmon (they’re classics for a purpose), this air fryer salmon actually hits the spot in case you’re in search of the best salmon recipe attainable. And truthfully, it’s foolproof – you’ll cook dinner up essentially the most good salmon filet, ever. I’m speaking succulent insides, with a crust that’s really crispy (like my air fryer hen wings).
The one nuance with cooking salmon within the air fryer is that you may solely cook dinner two salmon filets at a time (at the least in my air fryer, yours could also be completely different). In any other case, it’s actually a hands-off recipe when you add the seasoning on high (which additionally doesn’t require any measuring or prepping, you possibly can simply eyeball it). In different phrases, it’s the best weeknight dinner concept you’ve been in search of.
Right here’s What You Want
If you happen to’re a die-hard fan of my Dijon baked salmon, you’ll go head over heels for this recipe. Every filet is lathered with Dijon mustard, and complemented with spices like paprika and garlic powder for a spiced contact. It’s not scorching or spicy, simply insanely flavorful.
- Salmon: Select your favourite sort of salmon – king, coho, or sockeye. You possibly can additionally use steelhead trout! And preserve studying for tips about recent versus frozen salmon.
- Dijon Mustard: The mustard retains the highest moist and provides that particular oomph in taste. You possibly can additionally use stone floor mustard for added texture!
- Spices: I’m utilizing a mix of candy paprika (although you could possibly additionally use smoked paprika), garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Discover the printable recipe with measurements beneath.
Recent vs Frozen Salmon
There’s at all times the talk between recent and frozen salmon. Actually, they’re each nice choices!
- Recent salmon: From my expertise, I’ve discovered that salmon (and different sorts of seafood) are greatest purchased from a native fishmonger. However I do know not everybody has entry to a neighborhood fish store. If that’s the case with you, don’t fret, frozen salmon can be nice!
- Frozen salmon: If you happen to’re not sure concerning the fish “on ice” on the market, frozen salmon is the subsequent smartest thing. Frozen salmon is usually flash frozen on the boat proper after they’ve been caught, which helps to protect their freshness.
How To Cook dinner Salmon In Air Fryer
The steps on this salmon recipe are fairly simple. However I did wish to make a remark concerning the spices. Though there’s measurements written out for each, I’ve discovered that shaking them straight from the spice bottle had the very best outcomes for an evenly coated crust. The place as sprinkling with a measuring spoon created clumps on high – which you don’t need.
Prep the salmon. Set the air fryer to 400℉ (200℃), then pat your salmon filets dry with a paper towel. Don’t skip this step as it will assist the seasoning to stay higher!
Add the mustard. Evenly unfold half a tablespoon of mustard onto every salmon filet. A brush or the again of a spoon is a simple option to schmear it into one skinny layer.
Add the seasonings. Sprinkle every spice straight onto the salmon filet. Simply eyeball it to match the measurements within the recipe, nevertheless it doesn’t must be actual. I usually begin with salt and pepper, then coat generously with garlic powder and paprika. End with a fast spray of olive oil on high to maintain the salmon filet moist.
Air fry. Add two salmon filets to the air fryer and cook dinner for 8 to 10 minutes, till flaky with a fork. Then repeat with the remaining two salmon filets.
Ideas For The Greatest Air Fryer Salmon
- Don’t rinse salmon with water. Identical to hen, the FDA recommends not to scrub uncooked fish. It could actually enhance the danger of contamination by by accident spreading onto different surfaces in your kitchen.
- Control timing. All air fryers cook dinner in another way on the subject of temperature. Some cook dinner hotter, some cook dinner decrease. So make sure that to examine on the salmon at round 8 minutes to stop it from burning on high. It’s at all times greatest to barely undercook the salmon and add extra time as wanted, than to by accident overcook it.
How To Retailer Leftover Salmon
If you happen to retailer it appropriately, salmon is usually a nice meal prep merchandise for the week. And sure, you possibly can even freeze it for later! Right here’s a couple of methods to retailer salmon.
- For storing: If you happen to’ve received a couple of filets leftover, they’ll preserve for as much as 3 days within the fridge in a sealed container.
- The right way to freeze: Ensure that your salmon is totally cool earlier than freezing. Then high it on parchment paper in a storage container to stop it from sticking to the perimeters. Reheating salmon may be tough because it’s already cooked. So the important thing right here is to reheat it low and sluggish, both within the air fryer, microwave or oven, to stop it from drying out.
Air Fryer Salmon Recipe Video
Want some visible steerage on tips on how to use an air fryer and cook dinner salmon in a single? Watch my step-by-step video beneath!
The Greatest Salmon Recipes
Are you an enormous salmon fanatic like I’m? Nicely, I’ve received fairly the listing of salmon recipes so that you can strive.
If you happen to’ve received an air fryer, you already know what’s up. If not, if could also be time to put money into one and provides this air fryer salmon a go. I’d love to listen to what you consider this recipe in a remark beneath!
Air Fryer Salmon (in 15-Minutes!)
This air fryer salmon recipe is the key to a moist and crispy filet that tastes like one million bucks – in underneath quarter-hour! Excellent for a simple and wholesome weeknight dinner recipe for the household.
Energy: 68kcal, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 9g, Fats: 3g, Saturated Fats: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g, Monounsaturated Fats: 1g, Ldl cholesterol: 23mg, Sodium: 365mg, Potassium: 238mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 268IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 11mg, Iron: 1mg
©Downshiftology. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.